Today I Hate...................

John

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buses. The wife is off this week so today I went to get the "Express" bus in from Port Erin (that gets in about 15 minutes after it's meant to and makes you late for work), and the bastard thing didn't turn up.

I was there 10 minutes early (freezing my clackers off) and I waited 15 minutes after it was due. Thanks - no signs up at the bus station to say it's not running because it's Christmas etc - they don't even have a phone number you can check with on the 2 years out of date timetable there. Another bus stopped there briefly and the guy driving it didn't bother to shout that it wasn't running etc - thanks mate. I even checked the speaking clock to make sure my watch was right and that I had been there plenty early.

I had to run back to the house and drive in so it's cost me loads more than it would have done. Not just the cost but did you hear me? I actually ran!

I HATE the bus service here.

Buses. The wife is off this week so today I went to get the "Express" bus in from Port Erin (that gets in about 15 minutes after it's meant to and makes you late for work), and the bastard thing didn't turn up.

I was there 10 minutes early (freezing my clackers off) and I waited 15 minutes after it was due. Thanks - no signs up at the bus station to say it's not running because it's Christmas etc - they don't even have a phone number you can check with on the 2 years out of date timetable there. Another bus stopped there briefly and the guy driving it didn't bother to shout that it wasn't running etc - thanks mate. I even checked the speaking clock to make sure my watch was right and that I had been there plenty early.

I had to run back to the house and drive in so it's cost me loads more than it would have done. Not just the cost but did you hear me? I actually ran!

I HATE the bus service here.

Snap, exactly the same happened to me, no notice that they weren't running, no phone number to ring up and check on the out of date timetable, good to know they are consistent and it wasn't just the PSM bus-stop I was waiting at

I generally think the bus service is really good over here, I don't drive so I use the buses / coaches all the time, but they need to get their act together for notifying people when buses aren't running, it wouldn't be too difficult to put up an xmas / new year changes note at each of the bus stops, here's an idea, get someone to drive round and stop at all the bus stops and put notices up .... oh aye, the bus already does that :P

The funny thing is that they've actually produced a notice - http://www.iombusandrail.info/downloads/Ch...eral_Notice.pdf

Just that most people don't have access to the internet and downloading .pdf's when they are waiting for the bus !!! - great use of technology, maybe putting the sign where people get the bus rather than on the internet would work better !

Well done for running boyo !!!

On the subject of daily hate ....... Douglas shops for not selling monkey masks, I need one for New Years Eve and can't find one anywhere !

On the subject of daily hate ....... Douglas shops for not selling monkey masks, I need one for New Years Eve and can't find one anywhere !

Does the costume shop on Nelson Street not have them?

Many thanks, I thought it would, but I tried that and it didn't, and the costume shop in Strand Street, and all the kids toy shops and all the charity shops !!

Opted for printing one off the internet and then backing it with card, it'll do :D

haha ace.

If you can get a big picture of the monkeys from the Basement Jaxx video use one of them :P

We've invited those monkeys to the party, so I wouldn't want to give them a complex, scary little f.....s that they are - class video

Happy new Year Oogie, have a good un

The weather. Yes, it's winter and low temperatures are to be expected but why does the sky have to be so grey? A little bit of sunshine wouldn't go amiss.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.

It's not warm when she's away.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And she's always gone too long anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone,

Wonder if she's gone to stay

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know

Hey, I ought to leave the young thing alone,

But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, only darkness everyday.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,

And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away.

Anytime she goes away.

Sorry could not help it.... :D

Those people who were driving into Tesco as I was coming out, who did not indicate at the roundabout that they were taking the left turn. 3 of the ******* in the queue zoomed round leaving me sitting there till some kind soul actually indicated that they were not heading straight across. Had I tried guessing where they were going, I'd no doubt have got it wrong and smashed into one of them.

Then there was the twazzer on the town side of the Prom who decided they wanted the space I was about to come out of, so they double parked just ahead of me. Good job my car manoeuvers well - it was rather challenging getting out. *******.

Oooh! Car Rage!!!!! :angry:

Archived