Overdrafts Charges Victory By Consumers

Klimp

Banks aren't exactly encouraging you to go overdrawn

Oh i disagree, when i was a student, I told the bank I was a student and had no income, their first response was to slap an additional £3,000 on my credit card. While I agree they did not put a gun to my head to spend it, I think it was irresponsible and pretty much encouraging me to spend it, if the facility was not there, I would not have used it.

They have brought it on themselves, a legacy of greed and lending in the hope they can swoop in on defaulting customer mortgages and houses tied to lending

f*ck them, they deserve everything they get (apart from the tax payer bailout)

A good example of selective quoting gone bad. What I actually said (emphasising the part you missed) which means something rather different than you are suggesting.

Banks aren't exactly encouraging you to go overdrawn without agreement

I would agree that over the last couple of decades increasingly access to it has led people to become more dependent on credit, but that's an entirely different matter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Hell would I laugh if you lot would forget a thing or two just before Christmas and get charged over the odds! Hope none of you wise guys ever experience hard times ie. redundancies, illness etc... The last laugh would be on you... :lol:

Hell would I laugh if you lot would forget a thing or two just before Christmas and get charged over the odds! Hope none of you wise guys ever experience hard times ie. redundancies, illness etc... The last laugh would be on you... :lol:

I already have done - years ago, but luckily I learned a lesson and will never be that fucking stupid again!

I already have done - years ago, but luckily I learned a lesson and will never be that fucking stupid again!

Yeah, so suddenly a loved one is in distress and needs urgent "expensive" medical attention but you won't help financially as you are far to "fu*kin" clever to go overdrawn???

You will find that banks are usually quite happy to arrange an overdraft with you for a sensible rate. These punitive charges have always been levelled at people who go overdrawn without an overdraft facility on their accounts.

I have a facility on my account of a few hundred quid. I very rarely go into it, but when I do, I'm charged a couple of quid because it's a managed arrangement.

It's people who just go overdrawn without talking to their banks that are acting irresponsibly and being punished as such.

Archived