Thinking Of Moving Over - Advice Please

Miss Take

Hi All,

I currently live in Gibraltar and am looking to move somewhere else English speaking with a good education system and low crime rate. I O M is in the shortlist but Im worried about the things I read about the youth culture, heroin addiction and crime rate as I have a child aged 8 and at the moment on Gibraltar we have a good youth culture but the cost of living is high. Any advice would be appreciated

Good job you asked. Your child will definitely be a heroin addict within months if you move over.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I currently live in Gibraltar and am looking to move somewhere else English speaking with a good education system and low crime rate. I O M is in the shortlist but Im worried about the things I read about the youth culture, heroin addiction and crime rate as I have a child aged 8 and at the moment on Gibraltar we have a good youth culture but the cost of living is high. Any advice would be appreciated

Hi All,

Good job you asked. Your child will definitely be a heroin addict within months if you move over.

Not to mention a youth criminal too.

but the cost of living is high

Of course the cost of living over here is relatively cheap with our inexpensive housing market and keenly priced ferry service/airlines for travel........

You should say Stay in Gib - we don't actually need any more come-overs.

Hi All,

Weather on the Island is on a par with Gibralter, language seems to be scouse these days.

Did you by any chance hear the three slappers on Manx Radio t'other day talking about drinking in Douglas?

Is this the start of people escaping those nasty tax havens and coming here?

Didn't see them on the blacklist.

Must be coming her for the weather and the social life

Seriously though, any real comments would be appreciated, the government crime stats and things on the forum seem quite conflicting, would rather hear the views of real people before making a decision to come and have a look see. Im british so am used to the rain but my reason for leaving the uk initially were the high crime rate and the governments immigration policy. No we are not on the blacklist in Gib just sick of the heat, the rats and the roaches not to mention the scooters!

Is this the start of people escaping those nasty tax havens and coming here?

Didn't see them on the blacklist.

Must be coming her for the weather and the social life

Seriously though, any real comments would be appreciated, the government crime stats and things on the forum seem quite conflicting, would rather hear the views of real people before making a decision to come and have a look see. Im british so am used to the rain but my reason for leaving the uk initially were the high crime rate and the governments immigration policy. No we are not on the blacklist in Gib just sick of the heat, the rats and the roaches not to mention the scooters!

I don't know whether you mean the immigration policies are too tight in the UK. I assume not.

Well the Manx don't agree too much with the immigration policies of the government: too many English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh. You will have to be prepared for quite a bit of racism on the Island if you are British.

Archived