• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got the call its done. :)

oh yeah im about 1km from the exchange too

That manx net test gave me

Last Result:

Download Speed: 14050 kbps (1756.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 713 kbps (89.1 KB/sec transfer rate

Bah! PS3 sucks donkey balls!

Yeah but its going quick online now :P

Its free on manxnet. i just had to be on a minimum 12 month contract which was fine by me.

my dad got a free adsl2 capable router by signing up to a minimum 24 month contract.

Is that because you are an existing customer ? Not much info on their website regarding 2+ to be honest.

Well I am an existing customer so it could be?

As for xbox online. Played pes2009 and its gone from completely unplayable to very playable. I had no lag in 4 games and the person who connected to me had only very tiny lag once or twice a 10 minute match.

Much much better.

Wonder when it will be coming to Douglas?

It's been confirmed today that ADSL2+ will be available in Port Erin, Peel and Kirk Michael from the 1st June. No news on other areas yet.

So if I sign a new 18 month contract today I can have the new speed in Peel on or around the 1st of June with no upgrade fee?

So if I sign a new 18 month contract today I can have the new speed in Peel on or around the 1st of June with no upgrade fee?

No, don't think so. You'd have to wait till adsl2+ launches there, then sign.

No, don't think so. You'd have to wait till adsl2+ launches there, then sign.

Just checked Wi-Manxs website and it has the following, which i think may have already been posted.

Option 2

Upgrade to ADSL2+ - sign a new 12 month contract, Upgrade for FREE

I think I'll just ring them to get all the info, I just thought Joey may have been able to provide an answer.

Just checked Wi-Manxs website and it has the following, which i think may have already been posted.

Option 2

Upgrade to ADSL2+ - sign a new 12 month contract, Upgrade for FREE

I think I'll just ring them to get all the info, I just thought Joey may have been able to provide an answer.

Yeah, he did confirm it earlier, but you have to re-sign after adsl2+ becomes available, because there's a reconnection fee that wimanx will presumably be paying on your behalf in return for the 12 months contract.

So you can't do it now and get adsl2+ for free in a month, I'd have thought.

The next phase has just been confirmed today, following on from the successful Castletown pilot. I would assume the same offers apply - but will be discussed and officially announced next week I guess.

The next phase has just been confirmed today, following on from the successful Castletown pilot. I would assume the same offers apply - but will be discussed and officially announced next week I guess.

No problem Joey, I will wait for the announcement next week then, thanks for the early heads up though.

Archived