Martin Clunes

Maxmann

in Saturdays Daily Express supplement, but he states he will never return to the Isle of Man, in his words the Island is full of smug people avoiding paying the UK rate of tax, which he adds the Island is little more than a tax haven, which is subsidised by the UK taxpayers,and he would never be likely to return

Keep smiling Martyn it might all go away:

MartynQuayle(10-06)crop.jpg

Hon Martyn Quayle MHK, Minister for Tourism and Leisure said:

‘It is an honour that Islands of Britain chose to feature the Isle of Man in one of their episodes and it is certainly a boost for tourism. We were delighted to welcome presenter Martin Clunes and the crew and I hope it will encourage people to visit us and explore the abundant natural beauty of our Island and all it has to offer.’

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/tourism/martinclunesexpl.xml

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's ok cos he's as ugly as sin so he's not welcome over here......no toby jug eared people allowed.

What a puerile comment.

I have to agree....I obviously felt like making a puerile comment...and until there is a law passed that prohibits making puerile comments I will continue to make them on the odd occasion....so nah, nah, nah :P

. . . . where does all this money come from to allow such a huge percent of our population to be paid way, way above their worth and ability?

I assume you mean those who work in the finance sector, i.e. the huge percentage. Should they be paid as much as they are in the UK?

People here are not paid as much as those in comparable jobs in the Channel Isles. This island is not quite as warm, though!

To be a stopover working here, you really have to love this Island, and those that do are not all smug b******s. The low tax regime is not in itself a recipe for happy living.

Those who do not like it here do tend to discover the means of going away again, some quicker than others.

And there are those who are from here and have no intention of moving elsewhere and who have experienced that the Isle of Man is evolving into a largely greed ridden corrupt society. Where many £millions are wasted and how the Island is run by many fuckwits greedy people (not necessarily politicians).

Where the law of I-told-you-so will demonstrate that for such a small country it is simply not possible to sustain such huge incomes and pensions for such huge numbers of people.

So what if Clunes and that other IOM bashing fat mollag Feltz didn't like it here - Don't come back!

A good point well put Mouse 30. In keeping with the tradition of this thread, I too would like to add to the puerile comments !!!!! Here goes.............I think Martin Clunes head "looks like" and "shares as much charm as" a badly dented tin bath!! None too similar to those he spent a good deal of his time perusing in Castletown a short while back! Ho Ho Ho !!!

I'll bet he will be back one day! Maybe... he might buy a big house somewhere!!..............looking forward to the IOM episode shortly though!!!!!

Its on TV now ITV

Being 12,000 miles away at present may I ask - who did DoTL arrange for him to meet? Sounds like they picked the wrong folk - or was it random interviews?

Some rich, smug internet millionaire on his own gin palace, who was gloating about the tax rates helping to make him rich.

I thought the section about the Island was very good, & pretty positive. Clunes made a comment about smug people making comments about their low tax rate, and on the other hand 'proper manx people', or words to that effect. I'm sure we all understand what he means.

I've always considered Martin Clunes a bit of a smug git anyway, until now. This program was well presented and interesting.

He did labour the deformities of the various Manx animals and I thought there was just a little too much time spent molesting that Manx sheep and feeling its knackers. And a little too much time in the electrician's shop too.

Archived