Martin Clunes

Maxmann

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£3.20 for a pack of batteries at Tony's. You can get them far cheaper most other places.

Tony made us look a right backwater IMO, giving all the wrong impressions if we seriously want to attract multi-£million businesses to the island. His 15 minutes of novelty fame for that programme could cost us all more than a few quid in the end.

I must admit I thought the same. I could just imagine the look on the faces of all those pissed off KSFIOM investers when they realise that their financial well being is in the hands of someone who sells three batteries for £3.20 as his day job.

Regarding the Spina Bifida Manx Cat.....Does anyone have a mature healthy manx cat? Mann Cat Sanctuary doesn't have one healthy manxie. Our only manx died when he was 3 of kidney failure, he was our only manx (stumpie) other cats we've had were/are tailed. Seeing as the Manx cat is an international breed of cat surely there must be healthy individuals. And you have to pay good money for a true tailless manx. So anybody... healthy manxie? or had one live to 20 years?

The programme made the Chief Minister look like a half wit and a character played by Ronnie Barker !

You mean it did not make him look like a grasping, thieving UK politicians selling his/her third taxpayer funded home this year???? TBH I'd rather be able to wander into Tony's shop than to live in a legislature like the UK where the politicians are completely isolated from the electorate and have their hand perpetually in the taxpayers' till for 5p plastic bags, tampons, dresses, dry rot cures and colour TVs (according to the newspaper in NZ yesterday - they are having a right old laugh about it here).

I am sorry to have missed the bit where Martin Clunes was weighing testicles - were they on the sheep or the yellow car Git?

I could just imagine the look on the faces of all those pissed off KSFIOM investers when they realise that their financial well being is in the hands of someone who sells three batteries for £3.20 as his day job.

Bit like a Loughtan when its knackers are in the hands of a man behaving very badly !

Regarding the Spina Bifida Manx Cat.....Does anyone have a mature healthy manx cat? Mann Cat Sanctuary doesn't have one healthy manxie. Our only manx died when he was 3 of kidney failure, he was our only manx (stumpie) other cats we've had were/are tailed. Seeing as the Manx cat is an international breed of cat surely there must be healthy individuals. And you have to pay good money for a true tailless manx. So anybody... healthy manxie? or had one live to 20 years?

The first one we had when I was a kid didn't have a really long life, a decade at most, probably under that thinking back and had to be put to sleep after developing organ problems.

Of the two kittens got from a farm about 18 months ago, one had to be put to sleep within a couple of days as the Vet explained to me it was suffering double incontinence due to its spine and it would be in pain.

The mother was very protective of that one at the time so obviously knew that it wasn't ok.

Food for thought.

The programme made the Chief Minister look like a half wit and a character played by Ronnie Barker !

You mean it did not make him look like a grasping, thieving UK politicians selling his/her third taxpayer funded home this year???? TBH I'd rather be able to wander into Tony's shop than to live in a legislature like the UK where the politicians are completely isolated from the electorate and have their hand perpetually in the taxpayers' till for 5p plastic bags, tampons, dresses, dry rot cures and colour TVs (according to the newspaper in NZ yesterday - they are having a right old laugh about it here).

I am sorry to have missed the bit where Martin Clunes was weighing testicles - were they on the sheep or the yellow car Git?

You mean Tynwald isn't isolated from the electorate ! and does not have any excesses and skeletons in cupboards ?

I could just imagine the look on the faces of all those pissed off KSFIOM investers when they realise that their financial well being is in the hands of someone who sells three batteries for £3.20 as his day job.

Bit like a Loughtan when its knackers are in the hands of a man behaving very badly !

Think back to when you've had a couple of glands felt by a bloke who should have been wearing gloves! Bet it made you go cross-eyed as well.

Who picks these clowns for tv???? Mr Oily Smug Mode was just awful. And "Coast" had the appalling Mr Look At Me. Both more cringeworthy than an episode of The Office. Dire tv at it's very worst.

You mean Tynwald isn't isolated from the electorate ! and does not have any excesses and skeletons in cupboards ?

No, but at least the Chief Minister knows the price of a light-bulb and has to serve behind the counter every now and then. When did the UK PM last serve in a shop? We can joke about it but there are not many places in the world where the head politician actually talks to folk about anything other than 'why you should re-elect ME'.

As for skeletons in cupboards, UK MPs would put in bills to get the the taxpayer to pay for the cupboard(s) and the skeleton(s) (in each of the houses they owned this year)...in fact probably also for the cupboards and skeletons in their holiday homes and in their sister's home too.

The first one we had when I was a kid didn't have a really long life, a decade at most, probably under that thinking back and had to be put to sleep after developing organ problems.

Of the two kittens got from a farm about 18 months ago, one had to be put to sleep within a couple of days as the Vet explained to me it was suffering double incontinence due to its spine and it would be in pain.

The mother was very protective of that one at the time so obviously knew that it wasn't ok.

Food for thought.

We always had proper Manxies and stumpies as kids. They were always given away by the farmers and not sold. One stumpy lived to 17 and was blind and deaf in the end. Our "proper Manxie" was pure white and ended up with cancer on her ears although lived to about 12/13 years old. Maybe its just unfortunate and sad that you've had Manxies with problems.

Archived