Building Falling Down

immortalpuppet

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah it's not barclays, it's further along. The roads shut now and theres police redirecting the backlog on st georges street.

THIS is exactly why old properties should not be allowed to be let to ruin. Well I suppose it will save the developer demolishing costs. How long before the house at the junction between Ballaquayle Road and Woodbourne Road collapses? Windows left open to assist the natural rotting, its a sin.

What if you own such a property and can't afford to do the work required, and can't sell it because of the state it's in, what's your solution?

Much of the problem with places like this is that they're not eligable for government grants, because their either flats, owner occupied or owned by a management company on behalf of long leaseholders. It's daft, because this age of property is exactly what should be covered under government grants.

Just got this priv from Lovenotfear

"Slim, there's been no record of a building collapsing IN ITS FOOTPRINT for no reason... are you just being a sheep and denying this was what it was: A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION?"

:)

Just got this priv from Lovenotfear

"Slim, there's been no record of a building collapsing IN ITS FOOTPRINT for no reason... are you just being a sheep and denying this was what it was: A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION?"

:)

I woulden say pushing the whole back wall out was vary controlled :D

I wish the police would think about the traffic problems caused when the close the roads, all the extra traffic trying to turn on to Athol Street is backed up because they have to wait for a gap between traffic coming up the hill, a police person controlling the traffic for an hour or so over the lunch time rush would be appreciated. It might be even worse trying to get home after work!

THIS is exactly why old properties should not be allowed to be let to ruin. Well I suppose it will save the developer demolishing costs. How long before the house at the junction between Ballaquayle Road and Woodbourne Road collapses? Windows left open to assist the natural rotting, its a sin.

yes, and this is also what is deliberately allowed to happen when property owners and planning can't agree, it just takes time for the actual owner to get permission to build what they wanted to build in the first place.

a police person controlling the traffic for an hour or so over the lunch time rush would be appreciated. It might be even worse trying to get home after work!

They were doing just that when I went past at about 1:20

yes, and this is also what is deliberately allowed to happen when property owners and planning can't agree, it just takes time for the actual owner to get permission to build what they wanted to build in the first place.

If I can see that and you can see that, how come the government cannot? or do they just turn a blind eye for a tenner (or trip to Disney or wherever.....)?

If I can see that and you can see that, how come the government cannot? or do they just turn a blind eye for a tenner (or trip to Disney or wherever.....)?

It requires common sense........

a police person controlling the traffic for an hour or so over the lunch time rush would be appreciated. It might be even worse trying to get home after work!

They were doing just that when I went past at about 1:20

I'll let them off then, as it was gone 3pm when I was trying to get back to work after a late lunch

Archived