Govenors Hill Roundabout Closed Rta

arronc

The truck towing the trailer is massively undersize, thtas good for about 3.5 tons,not the twenty or so it was towing.

really? how'd you work that one out.

looks alot heavier than most towing units used on the island, plus the tremmel in the skip so heavy enough to me to do the job

to me it looks like he's just clipped the kerb/wall and that has unsettled the load also if it was not strapped on to the trailer the digger would have slid off and not tipped the trailer up on its side.

What on earth is a tremmel and why because it heavy in the skip is that making any differance?

Genuine question.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What on earth is a tremmel and why because it heavy in the skip is that making any differance?

Genuine question.

it's normally used to grade/separate bulk soil and rubble,

most goods vehicles have a 'gross vehicle' weight limit and a 'maximun train' weight limit, all i was saying was you could add weight to a wagon if it is to light to tow the trailer (poor traction getting off site), long as the 'maximum train weight' is not exceeded its not a problem we will just have to see if any were exceeded,

genuine answer.

Wow. What company was transporting the digger? Good job noone was hurt. Ooooh imagine driving along and the next thing 'boom' your digger falls off the back of your lorry, holy moly, that would be a frightening, sickening and embarrassing moment, ooooooh /shakes head (and secretly hopes it was Gazza driving)

o thanks for that charming aint you, sorry to upset you but it was not me,

Genuine question.

it's normally used to grade/separate bulk soil and rubble,

most goods vehicles have a 'gross vehicle' weight limit and a 'maximun train' weight limit, all i was saying was you could add weight to a wagon if it is to light to tow the trailer (poor traction getting off site), long as the 'maximum train weight' is not exceeded its not a problem we will just have to see if any were exceeded,

genuine answer.

im glad its not me thats for sure,

depends if thay put it on the weigh bridge or not

First few photos I was thinking 'oh, it only landed next to the car'... Very lucky escape for someone.

Thinking the same. Then shock. Then "wow".. They really were lucky..

Was in the car behind and am glad to say nobody was seriously injured. It shook me up pretty badly how easily these things happen.

these things don't happen easily though, they happen because of bad loading and maybe strapping in poor condition ( i'd expect chains on something like that anyway! ), no excuses. if it was secured as it should have been, it wouldn't have fell off!!

i havent a clue if there were cains on or not, but chances are that it still would have gone over if there was chains on it,

Fortunately incidents of this nature etc …. Well you know the rest.

Just as well the company involved did a documented risk assessment before moving an oversized vehicle like that on the roads.

And no doubt the driver checked his vehicle for the security of his load before driving.

Over to you, those nice helpful chaps in the Health and Safety at Work Inspectorate. If you need help finding your backbones, perhaps I could offer assistance?

Fortunately incidents of this nature etc …. Well you know the rest.

Just as well the company involved did a documented risk assessment before moving an oversized vehicle like that on the roads.

And no doubt the driver checked his vehicle for the security of his load before driving.

Over to you, those nice helpful chaps in the Health and Safety at Work Inspectorate. If you need help finding your backbones, perhaps I could offer assistance?

and the result?? no bodys fault, not the driver, not the company, just one of those things, vehicle inspector says one thing, expert paid for by towing company says another,with nobody successfully prosecuted, the upside? no funerals.

Archived