Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of those on here think that they're sponsoring non-licence payers; just stick with radio or download and their argument evaporates.

So, you're happy to watch BBC programmes via download but are unwilling to pay towards their productions costs.....

I only watch a couple of hours TV a week and what I do watch is usually on the Beeb, but I'm still happy with the licence fee because what I do wtach is, in my opinion, well worth the money. If I had my way, downloads would only be free for licence holders.

The trouble some people go to to try and avoid the TV licence is hilarious, FFS its not a lot of money, why not just pay it if you are due to?

OK some like TBT claim to not watch live TV but why even do that? Would life not be a lot easier if you just watched what you want when you want and if that includes live stuff then, just pay the fee?

Looking at some of the videos about "TV Licence Goons" at peoples doors, there seems to be a misconception that if they dont say anything and refuse entry then it will all go away.

Watch thru a few other ones when the Police turn up and after that, the big fine. These TV Licence dodgers are not smart people, they have looked at a few websites and think they know the law, its sad really as they are look like they are ill equipped to pay any big fines anyway.

I could not go through life being that twisted about something, life is too short, chill out and drink some tea before you have a heart attack.

The trouble some people go to to try and avoid the TV licence is hilarious, FFS its not a lot of money, why not just pay it if you are due to?

Because even when you don't need a licence they still turn up on your door and its a case of guilty until proven innoccent?

Tv licence is just bollocks and now we realise the money has just been helping hide a massive peadophile ring all along I would be very surprised if more people don't cancel.

Who issues these warrants ? What evidence is required for their issue.? No just a suspicion based on f.all surely?

The Capita guy in the youtube video is bluffing (don't they all!). Application for, and granting of, a search warrant is extremely rare. I've certainly never heard of one being issued over here to investigate TV licence evasion. Anybody?

And if one was issued against me I'd find out the person that authorised it, then visit his property in similar fashion.

But, because I've never filled in a Census form...Capita don't know who I am (or are too lazy to find out) and all the letters are addressed to 'the occupier'.

Interesting that the Capita 'inspector' suggested that filming (on ones own property?) was against his human rights. So to film and subsequently YouTube, looks like the achilles heel of the licence bullies.

If you refuse 'implied rights of access', he's breaking the law by accessing any part of your property. Then just run him through with a bayonet saying you were in fear of your life. smile.png

TBT.

Plenty of those on here think that they're sponsoring non-licence payers; just stick with radio or download and their argument evaporates.

So, you're happy to watch BBC programmes via download but are unwilling to pay towards their productions costs.....

Yes.

Just as the BBC are happy to watch me fund C4 and ITV et al, and yet have no compunction about me not being able to watch those programmes via live broadcast.

The BBC have a monopoly, they're abusing the priviledge. So I'm not paying. And the law agrees with me :)

TBT.

OK some like TBT claim to not watch live TV but why even do that?

I always watch tv when it suits me, not the schedulers.

It seems crazy to me to rush/stop what you're doing to suit a tv programme, when for the sake of a bit of patience, means you can watch at leisure.

Television isn't that important...is it?

TBT.

The evidence used to obtain these search warrants are often based on the following claims.

1, the implied right of access to the property has been removed by the occupier.

2, the goon says he/she thought they heard a tv whilst visiting the property.

3, the goon claims to have seen a tv or the flickering light produced by a tv through the windows of the property

4, they detected a tv within the property with their van or handheld detector ha ha. (Equipment that doesn't even exist)

F.all as I thought. The tv sound and flickering light, even if it did exist, could be a monitor being used to watch non- live content so if this is the case, the warrant is being issued for no good reason. That's what needs sorting. Surely a magistrate can only authorise a warrant if there is real evidence that live tv is being watched otherwise it's just a fishing expedition.

Watch thru a few other ones when the Police turn up and after that, the big fine. These TV Licence dodgers are not smart people, they have looked at a few websites and think they know the law, its sad really as they are look like they are ill equipped to pay any big fines anyway.

Whoa...two BIG FINES in the same para. Scary stuff...I'm typing this on a tablet from behind my sofa :)

Fact is...only half of those detected receiving tv broadcasts illegally are fined. Most only get a warning if they agree to buy a licence.

Fact is...the approx. average fine inc. Court costs was £153 (2006 figures). Barely more than the licence itself.

Fact is...if you have a B&W licence, Capita will still pay you a visit...to make sure you're not receiving a colour signal.

Fact is...if you have a video recorder (which receives a colour signal) and subsequently replay the programme on your B&W set...you will still need a colour licence!

So Blade, the £1000 BIG FINE is the exception rather than the rule.

Phew! Was exceptionally scary for the minute back then, are we safe to come out?

TBT.

Capita goons have been known to commit the following offences and crimes against legally licence free people during their commission hungry collections for the BBC which has been proven to employee a large number of paedophiles.

Harassment.

Intimidation.

Bullying.

Alarm.

Distress.

Threatening behaviour.

Assault.

Hey Blade Runner. Are you a BBC employee or paid BBC stooge to spread word that people who choose not to watch or fund the BBC are scum? You appear to have the typical pro BBC profile I can sniff out just by your posting style, very reminiscent of forum members at Digital Spy forums. People of your ilk just can't accept that people may not choose to spend £145.50 on the BBC gravy train. If the BBC want to air their tripe free to view on iPlayer it's no good having Beeboids crying about people being able to watch for free. If the BBC don't like people watching for free they should encrypt their programming and see who coughs up then. Reason they won't do that is because their revenue would drop like a stone into the Irish Sea.

Capita's bully boy tactics are a national disgrace and laughing stock here in England and when they go over to the IOM to harass the legitimately licence free citizens.

One should never speak to a BBC TV Licensing Capita goon, don't even open the door to them, you're not obliged to so don't bother. They lie to householders as to what the law is and to gain their commissions on licence sales.

I've never had a tv licence in all my life and never will.

Best wishes to all IOM resident who deplore the BBC and their vile bullies Capita.

Not using the telly is no excuse. It is a tax on owning a receiver capable of receiving live broadcasts...

Utter rubbish. Can I suggest you post facts after you do the correct research before posting things that confuse people.

If anyone here wants to know what the Communications Act says when a tv licence is required please feel free to ask me. You'll get the truth.

Archived