Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

Just had a TV Licence inspector on the doorstep.

Apparently when we moved they did not update our details properly. We were fine as we had still been paying by direct debit so they confirmed the bank details on the phone and then updated the records there and then.

So...if you are not in possession of a paid up licence get one.

Did check his ID but forgot to ask for his work permit though...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are under no obligation to enter into a conversation with the TV licence inspector, and unless he has a warrant s/he cannot enter your premises.

They often rely on implied entry into people's property.

but forgot to ask for his work permit though...

Why? Do you work for the work permit board? Do you have special powers to stop and inspect peoples work permits?

No of course not. But surely if the inspector is working without a permit i.e. illegaly, what powers of enforcement would they have?

Why? Do you work for the work permit board? Do you have special powers to stop and inspect peoples work permits?

No of course not. But surely if the inspector is working without a permit i.e. illegaly, what powers of enforcement would they have?

One of the exemptions in the work permit regs is "employment as an inspector under any enactment"

I am not going to get started on another rant here (I don't want Ans to jump in to the effect that I'm making it up) but I've had several angry letters and conversations with them.

I pointed out that they are aggressive bullyboys who's size 20 red courier font letters serve only to portray some private or personal inadequacy on behalf of the author and that they have no more jurisdiction to enter my house that I do to enter theirs.

I also said if they entered my grounds I would shoot them, though that might have been going too far.

Anyway, questions are being asked in (UK) parliament about this now and hopefully the bastards will be given their marching orders.

Quite simply: it should be a tax. We pay for so many stupid things that we don't need or want in tax, why not add in the most magnificent broadcasting corporation in the world?

One of the exemptions in the work permit regs is "employment as an inspector under any enactment"

plus u dont need a work permit if say he comes once a year for a week, or something like that

or the other way to get round it is, send one lad this time and then a diffrent lad in 6 months time

plus u dont need a work permit if say he comes once a year for a week, or something like that

3 or more days in a six month period IIRC. But I couldn't be bothered to look it up. And of course the "inspecting" doohickey trumps it anyway. Why am I posting this? Rhetorical question btw. Pizza calls...

Whilst I'm no fan of these bully boy doorstep tactics, or the licence fee itself, I think that shooting an inspector (legitimate or not) is still somehow frowned upon and could get you into Very Serious Trouble, Wazir.

Unless you killed him and retro-fitted exploding shoes. I think the local bobbies might allow an element of mitigation.

Archived