Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will get a license this year, but I will not renew, I will get a new one as it upsets their records / causes them loads of aggro.

Hate to break it to you, but I did exactly that some years ago. Stopped a direct debit, allowed the licence to expire and got a new one in my wife's name rather than mine. It caused no aggro and not one threat-o-gram burdened my doormat. I was almost a little disappointed.

Not that I did it to annoy them, they had signed me up on a DD scheme that effectively meant they were taking 2 years worth of money in the first year, which is not what I agreed on the phone.

DOH!!!

do not give them any info that may be used against you in court ..untill you admit you watch live tv they have no proof you do....its not against the law to own a tv ...tv licence is a scam ....to give info you enter into a contract your name address and dob creates the contract ...the inspector does not work for the bbc hes on commision its in his intrest to decive you ......remember jimmy savile earned all his cash from your enforced fee atm theres 81 bbc staff awaiting the outcome of sex charges dont contribute any more

http://mgzrownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?2709-Tv-licence-SCAM

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php?topic=6962.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSn4MRqPcg

do not give them any info that may be used against you in court ..untill you admit you watch live tv they have no proof you do....its not against the law to own a tv ...tv licence is a scam ....to give info you enter into a contract your name address and dob creates the contract ...the inspector does not work for the bbc hes on commision its in his intrest to decive you ......remember jimmy savile earned all his cash from your enforced fee atm theres 81 bbc staff awaiting the outcome of sex charges dont contribute any more

http://mgzrownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?2709-Tv-licence-SCAM

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php?topic=6962.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSn4MRqPcg

Absolutely.

Wonder if anyones told the eu about the state funded paedo ring the uk has been running?

You can believe all you want. It is a criminal offence to watch broadcast TV without aTV licence, whether its BBC or not. They can and do prosecute. It is not a contract. It is a tax, a hypothecated tax.

However it is correct that you should not invite them in or admit to watching TV

Problem is that quite often they ring the bell and can hear the TV or the door is answered by a child and they get invited in

Years ago when I lived in a top floor flat they rang my intercom, they said I had no licence (which I didn't) and needed to enter. I wished them luck in getting in the property and switched off the intercom. Never heard a peep since.

You can believe all you want. It is a criminal offence to watch broadcast TV without aTV licence, whether its BBC or not. They can and do prosecute. It is not a contract. It is a tax, a hypothecated tax.

However it is correct that you should not invite them in or admit to watching TV

Problem is that quite often they ring the bell and can hear the TV or the door is answered by a child and they get invited in

Same as Vampires then........................

I should add as a PS that if they are not allowed in, and they have reason to suspect that the household does have a TV, and uses it to watch or record live broadcasts they can got to a magistrate and apply for a search warrant and then you have to let them in. The "reason to suspect" is a lower test than the test for a finding of criminal guilt. ie its possible based on the fact "I heard the theme tune for X which was being broadcast at the time"

You do not need a licence to watch iPlayer or any catch up TV over the internet, or to watch DVD, video or listen to radio, but if the TV set (or digibox, DVD or video recorder or mobile phone... oh yes) can recieve live TV or record, and you use it for that purpose, then you need a licence, even if you are receiving a French station live streamed from France

The legislation is the Communications Act 2003 as extended to and applied in the IOM by an Order in Council

Finally the BBC pass themselves off as The TV Licensing Authority, there is no such thing. Its just the BBC and the work is subcontracted out to Capita, as has been said. Capita Inpectors are on a low wage with commission for prosecutions and licences sold

Useful link is here http://www.televisionlicence.info/

Actually the wording is if used to watch live tv. Re: mobile phones. Same with laptops (hence the provision that when you watch a tv web stream live you get asked if you have a tv licence first)

So just because you have a mobile that can arguably receive tv. You don't need a licence unless you actually watch it.

Plus tv on your phone? My eyes would fail in no time :-0

The tv licence inspectors (also known as tvl goons) work for a private company called capita which collects the licence fee on behalf of the bbc. The goons which come to visit a unlicensed address have no more power than someone going from door to door selling Avon stuff lol. They have absolutely no right of access to your property and you are under no legal obligation to speak to them or even answer the door to them. When they come to exercise a search warrant, they usually bring a police officer who is only there to ensure there is no breach of the peace. He is not there to carry out the warrant. The best way to deal with them if they call is to ignore the knocking an not answer the door. If you want to have some fun with them you can answer the door with a camera or phone with a camera and video the visit. They don't like to be filmed and usually turn and bugger off back under the stone they came from once a camera is produced.

If you are unlucky enough to be caught by surprise answering the door, do not confirm any details whatsoever. Say nothing and shut the door. Last but not least, do not sign anything they ask you to. They have a form called a tvl178 (confession form) which lots of people innocently sign thinking everything is all sorted out. Signing that form will earn you a day in court. People have signed this form and bought a licence during the goon visit and then received a summons in the post and still been prosecuted. The golden rule is no contact with these people whatsoever. All advice can be found on the tvlicence resistance web site.

Hope this helps.

Archived