Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do all court judgements get published online somewhere? Where, and when?

Someone I know was in court this morning charged with not paying for a tv licence. They had a decent sized flat screen hooked up to an xbox for gaming. The hired goon came round, claimed he was watching tv and made up a statement to that effect, and possibly even forged a signature. I'd quite like to read the judgement. The guy was found to be innocent of the charge.

Not all the judgements get published, just the ones TVL spoonfeed to the media that lap it up to fill their worthless pages.

Take a look at this, it's one of my visits to court to watch the BBC prosecutions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzzweUmp8Rw&list=TLH1elowy0EkgbtXxDKCQYID3uUTtV5rgI

Everyone I know on benefits has a bigger TV than I do.

I'm not sure claiming poverty on a YouTube video filmed in your conservatory adds much weight to your argument either.

We're in the same camp here, I'm just not trying to justify it with piss poor logic.

Do all court judgements get published online somewhere? Where, and when?

Someone I know was in court this morning charged with not paying for a tv licence. They had a decent sized flat screen hooked up to an xbox for gaming. The hired goon came round, claimed he was watching tv and made up a statement to that effect, and possibly even forged a signature. I'd quite like to read the judgement. The guy was found to be innocent of the charge.

Were they in court today on the Isle of man? It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the goon made up garbage to try and get a conviction. They are well known for their dodgy tactics in order to earn their commission. Its good to hear that justice was done and this person was found innocent. If the goon had been doing his job honestly the person wouldn't of ended up in court in the first place.

I'm aware that tv licencing used the court here on the island for a day about three weeks ago to prosecute people that they caught in the summer. The outcome has not made it in to the press yet and my email to the clark of the court (for my journalism project) regarding the outcome of the hearings has never been replied too.

Everyone I know on benefits has a bigger TV than I do.

I'm not sure claiming poverty on a YouTube video filmed in your conservatory adds much weight to your argument either.

We're in the same camp here, I'm just not trying to justify it with piss poor logic.

It's not me I'm concerned about.

No, you do it for attention. Your claims of altruism are transparent and insincere.

Any credibility you might have had was destroyed when you posted a video of yourself in the YouTube thread and asked if anyone knew who it was.

Calling everyone involved vile scum does much more harm than good quite honestly and your middle class rhetoric does nothing to help the real argument. It just makes you look like an idiot. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you consider yourself some sort of urban crusader. I'm sure the YouTube hits make you think differently, but if you really think you're changing anything this way, you're sorely mistaken.

Yeah, in court this morning in the Isle of Man. I don't know the details of what went on in court which is why I was asking whether the judgements are published.

Tv licensing definitely won't want that one making it in to the press lol. Good on that person for standing up for themselves against that dodgy tv licence outfit.

Your Card/PIN solution to combat non-licence holders seems infallible.

So why haven't the BBC prevented non-paying access to their programmes?

ANS, Blade, anybody?

TBT.

BBC operates pretty much as slovenly as the civil service so they no doubt think they'll get around to it some day.

Then I better tell Mrs TBT to watch Sherlock before it gets pulled. :)

You'd be surprised how much recent tv is on Youtube; it gets pulled regularly, but just pops straight back via another poster.

TBT.

No, you do it for attention. Your claims of altruism are transparent and insincere.

Any credibility you might have had was destroyed when you posted a video of yourself in the YouTube thread and asked if anyone knew who it was.

Calling everyone involved vile scum does much more harm than good quite honestly and your middle class rhetoric does nothing to help the real argument. It just makes you look like an idiot. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you consider yourself some sort of urban crusader. I'm sure the YouTube hits make you think differently, but if you really think you're changing anything this way, you're sorely mistaken.

I can't change the communications act but I and other that highlight the disgusting behaviour of tvl goons does help a lot of people.

The goons deserve the label of scum because they act like scum towards completely innocent people that have rights. One of those rights being not to be harassed and persecuted by the BBC because they simply don't want their poor service or anyone else's.

Archived