Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

In the USA they don't have a licence fee and when you sit down to watch a TVprogramme, its interupted every 10 minites by long series of adverts. At least on a few UK channels we dont have that and for the others that show adverts they are restricted by number of breaks per programme and the length of the break.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just loop this thread. Start about here: http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36303-tv-licence-inspector-on-the-iom/page-8

Then just spend the rest of your life reading it. Sorted.

The shadows lengthen on your arguments; so easily resisted it's childs play. Neither you nor the BBC have the wit nor will to succeed - 500 non-licence payers 'caught', what complete and utter f****ing nonsense. Your frustration now, as then, is palpable.

I'm just waiting for the 'fluoride debate' to rear it's ugly head once again. It'll receive the same dismissals.

TBT

No TBT. I'm saying you are just rolling out the same old shit time after time so I'm saving you the trouble. Just read them from the earlier pages instead of going through posting it all again. And what has fluoride got to do with it, and what dismissals?

I doubt many men would be fool enough to instigate an argument with their mother-in-law; and doubtless there’d be no less than 100% of us that would only be too happy to respond to any ‘argument’ said MiL would care to start. Was it Roosevelt that advocated "speaking softly, but carry a big stick"?

Same principle applies to the BBC and their bully boy tactics; and the same goes for the likes of you and your ilk who refer to non-licence holders as freeloaders, scum, liars, cheats etc. I've heard it all before, comical it is.

Irrespective of the ‘download vs live broadcast’ discussion. I’ve not had a tv licence for over 2 decades and haven’t watched live (in my own home) for the same period. Now understand this if nothing else, the same BBC tactics applied then (pre-download) as now.

Like I said in my last post, there isn’t the will nor legal precedent to make anyone buy a licence; and the "500 caught without licence" is utter drivel. I doubt even you believe that.

> And what has fluoride got to do with it, and what dismissals?

Oh come come now...never heard of some ‘expert’ wanting the IoM to add fluoride to the water? They’re over every couple of years marketing their crap even though they’ve been dismissed before.

The Water Board have even installed kit at Holmfield Road capable of addivating the water with fluoride; so how much did that cost me the consumer?

Conversely, bullying non-tv licence holders, how much is that costing YOU?

TBT (always ready to respond to the tv licence debate)

TBT, We pay for a licence every year and it pisses me off no end when I hear knobs like you bragging that you don't have to and have not paid for one for 20 years.

You are indeed a cheapskate and true to your dogs breed, an ankle biter, full of shit and a complete waste of space.

Re: Knobs like you, cheapskate, ankle biter (a 1st, thank you!), full of shit, complete waste of space.

Anyone for anymore?

TBT.

In the USA they don't have a licence fee and when you sit down to watch a TVprogramme, its interupted every 10 minites by long series of adverts. At least on a few UK channels we dont have that and for the others that show adverts they are restricted by number of breaks per programme and the length of the break.

Never watch anything with adverts live anymore, always watch later so I can fast forward through them. This is particularly useful with US shows which are 42 minute shows spread over an hour.

Just loop this thread. Start about here: http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36303-tv-licence-inspector-on-the-iom/page-8

Then just spend the rest of your life reading it. Sorted.

The shadows lengthen on your arguments; so easily resisted it's childs play. Neither you nor the BBC have the wit nor will to succeed - 500 non-licence payers 'caught', what complete and utter f****ing nonsense. Your frustration now, as then, is palpable.

I'm just waiting for the 'fluoride debate' to rear it's ugly head once again. It'll receive the same dismissals.

TBT

No TBT. I'm saying you are just rolling out the same old shit time after time so I'm saving you the trouble. Just read them from the earlier pages instead of going through posting it all again. And what has fluoride got to do with it, and what dismissals?

I doubt many men would be fool enough to instigate an argument with their mother-in-law; and doubtless there’d be no less than 100% of us that would only be too happy to respond to any ‘argument’ said MiL would care to start. Was it Roosevelt that advocated "speaking softly, but carry a big stick"?

Same principle applies to the BBC and their bully boy tactics; and the same goes for the likes of you and your ilk who refer to non-licence holders as freeloaders, scum, liars, cheats etc. I've heard it all before, comical it is.

Irrespective of the ‘download vs live broadcast’ discussion. I’ve not had a tv licence for over 2 decades and haven’t watched live (in my own home) for the same period. Now understand this if nothing else, the same BBC tactics applied then (pre-download) as now.

Like I said in my last post, there isn’t the will nor legal precedent to make anyone buy a licence; and the "500 caught without licence" is utter drivel. I doubt even you believe that.

> And what has fluoride got to do with it, and what dismissals?

Oh come come now...never heard of some ‘expert’ wanting the IoM to add fluoride to the water? They’re over every couple of years marketing their crap even though they’ve been dismissed before.

The Water Board have even installed kit at Holmfield Road capable of addivating the water with fluoride; so how much did that cost me the consumer?

Conversely, bullying non-tv licence holders, how much is that costing YOU?

TBT (always ready to respond to the tv licence debate)

TBT, We pay for a licence every year and it pisses me off no end when I hear knobs like you bragging that you don't have to and have not paid for one for 20 years.

You are indeed a cheapskate and true to your dogs breed, an ankle biter, full of shit and a complete waste of space.

Re: Knobs like you, cheapskate, ankle biter (a 1st, thank you!), full of shit, complete waste of space.

Anyone for anymore?

TBT.

Tell you what.

Help us out by telling us what you haven't been called. It would be so much easier as there can't be much.

Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps warns: BBC could face cut in licence fee or even be forced to compete with other broadcasters unless it rebuilds public trust.

I'm not sure how we can "trust" the BBC, as for the first time ever the BBC covered the Bilderberg meeting. The world political elite and top business men have been meeting once a year since 1954, and the only reason the BBC were forced to cover this story was they had there meeting in the UK this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477726/Conservative-Party-chairman-Grant-Shapps-warns-BBC-face-cut-licence-fee-forced-compete-broadcasters-unless-rebuilds-public-trust.html

Road blocks, police helicopters and blacked-out windows: But just who are the billionaires and politicians arriving for secretive Bilderberg conference at Watford hotel and what do they do there?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336847/Bilderberg-2013-Who-billionaires-politicians-arriving-secretive-conference-Watford-hotel.html

Anyone for anymore?

TBT.

Tell you what.

Help us out by telling us what you haven't been called. It would be so much easier as there can't be much.

>Tell you what.

Zzzzzz...do you really have to...?

>Help us out by telling us what you haven't been called.

You and your BBC cohorts picked the fight; you get off your trumpet and you do the work.

"help us out..." Pfft; lazy, lazy lazy...

Never mind abrogating to Crapita, let's see if you've the tenacity for 25 years harassment, 250+ threatening letters and 1/2 dozen home visits. One word...impotent. Heaven only knows how much that lot has cost you, the licence payer.

I'd sympathise with your argument if only you had the law on your side.

>It would be so much easier as there can't be much.

The ankle biter was a new one...cheers.

TBT.

Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps warns: BBC could face cut in licence fee or even be forced to compete with other broadcasters unless it rebuilds public trust.

I'm not sure how we can "trust" the BBC, as for the first time ever the BBC covered the Bilderberg meeting. The world political elite and top business men have been meeting once a year since 1954, and the only reason the BBC were forced to cover this story was they had there meeting in the UK this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477726/Conservative-Party-chairman-Grant-Shapps-warns-BBC-face-cut-licence-fee-forced-compete-broadcasters-unless-rebuilds-public-trust.html

Road blocks, police helicopters and blacked-out windows: But just who are the billionaires and politicians arriving for secretive Bilderberg conference at Watford hotel and what do they do there?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336847/Bilderberg-2013-Who-billionaires-politicians-arriving-secretive-conference-Watford-hotel.html

The road blocks and Police helicopters are to stop conspiracy theory nutters from having a go at them I guess?

I mean, you must have some form of gene marker that makes you think not paying your way is ok..............................wink.png

M,lud...do you have a tv licence?

TBT...no M,lud.

M,lud...do you receive a live broadcast?

TBT...no M,lud. But I did listen to the Villa vs Everton game on Saturday last.

M,lud...case dismissed. You're free to go TBT without a stain on your character, and by the way, didn't Lukaku strike his goal beautifully.

TBT...Yes, M,lud...and thank you.

TBT

M,lud...do you have a tv licence?

TBT...no M,lud.

M,lud...do you receive a live broadcast?

TBT...no M,lud. But I did listen to the Villa vs Everton game on Saturday last.

M,lud...case dismissed. You're free to go TBT without a stain on your character, and by the way, didn't Lukaku strike his goal beautifully.

TBT...Yes, M,lud...and thank you.

M'Lud: Aha! So you did watch it after all!! To the galleys with him.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having teaat a neighbours house and Home & Away was on Channel 5. Children were watching Half hour programme with two advert breaks and adverts at either end 17 mins of (unwatchable) TV 13 mins of adverts

John, you are the unluckiest man in the world when it comes to being forced to endure crappy TV. You need some new friends. Subjected to Home & Away now, and a little while ago on another thread it was:

"It's all innuendo, no sex, and, as I was visiting friends last night, and had to endure Strictly because that was what they were watching, (fail to see the attraction myself) the banter from two of the (male) judges about the sexual attraction of the male dancers was far more explicit than anything on Will & Grace

That seemed to start at 6.30pm and go on for ever. They then switched over to X factor, something else I never watch, and the erotic dancing and costumes of one act's dancers was very near the line."

or are you a secret avid of 21st century downmarket telly? Go on, you can tell us.

Archived