Schools Closed

ThankU

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......we really should listen to Manx Radio in the mornings but MrBees has this nuclear powered sub atomic clock that is automatically tuned to Radio 3 and Mr Cowin has a lovely voice, unlike any of the sickening corn crakes on Radio skanks.

Manx Radio have announced that schools are closed again today.

It seems to me a rediculous decision if the majority of main roads are basically in reasonable condition as they were last night. In my view the schools should only be closed if the required number of teachers can not get in and that should be the head teachers call at each school.

I had similar views yesterday afternoon with regard to the buses. I could understand why some routes were cancelled but the main routes were basically safe and passable. e.g main road from Douglas to Peel so why were services not run on those routes. At least it would have helped some of those who walked to work get home.

It seems to me a rediculous decision if the majority of main roads are basically in reasonable condition as they were last night. In my view the schools should only be closed if the required number of teachers can not get in and that should be the head teachers call at each school.

Agreed. Just come in, the main roads are fine, not even icy. The buses could have easily run a limited service sticking to the main routes. If businesses can get 80% of their staff in, so can the schools. The DoE and DoT have put parents in a very difficult position, colleagues without kids will be in work today and those who can't arrange last minute childcare will have to ask for an extra day off. Stupid.

Archived