Massive Overhaul Of Govt Depts Proposed By Tony Brown

Declan

So the entire exercise consisits of restructuring and rebranding

No redundancies

No change

Just different names

Mr Brown said: 'The reduction in the Island's share of VAT revenue has created an urgent need for us to renew the drive for new business and new income.

I see the Chief Hobbit doesn't seem to mention any possibility of making savings

Wonderful

Perhaps an additional department, working title -

Department For Pissing Taxpayers Money Up Against The Wall On Grandiose Schemes

Carry on Arkwright

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that leaves Martin Quayle and the Dept of Health! Is there anyone who can come in from outside?

I've a pot plant surplus to requirements that would do a better job than him. Vote Yucca!

Those who can, do. Those who can't reorganise.

Tony Brown (no relative of mine I hope) - you're a waste of space!

He's head of government. You don't think he actually drew the diagram do you? This has been a pretty well documented process, most of the recommendations make perfect sense if you consider

Would it kill you to say something nice? Does it make you feel special looming over the forums bleating about how bad the IOM is?

You don't think he actually drew the diagram do you?

That'll be Martins job as he's got the colouring book ( ref Manx Downfall )

If you want more background on how this will achieve the aims, read the review document:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://w...ureofgovern.pdf

Under sections 2.3 and 2.4 they comment on the earlier report's sensible suggestions for the efficient savings and service improvements in national & local government. The response to almost every point is -

The Committee does not support the Review Report recommendation.

They've spent three years deciding not to do anything.

Also interesting that in some instances DAFF have decided not to wait for them to report on the original report and acted it upon the recommendations, and they describe DAFF's actions as successful.

• The re-structuring is not being undertaken as a means of making staff redundant.

• Almost all of you will see no real change to how you work, where you work or who you report to.

where exactly are the savings? as far as i can see, this will COST not SAVE

having the same people doing the same jobs in the same location doesn't suddenly enable us to bring home more bacon. this is bizarre.

just "shaking" the system doesn't make it better. and if you shake it now, you can't then shake it again for, oooo, ages.

Those who can, do. Those who can't reorganise.

Tony Brown (no relative of mine I hope) - you're a waste of space!

He's head of government. You don't think he actually drew the diagram do you? This has been a pretty well documented process, most of the recommendations make perfect sense if you consider

Would it kill you to say something nice? Does it make you feel special looming over the forums bleating about how bad the IOM is?

The recommendations only make perfect sense IF they work!

One problem with changing things along lines drawn up some time ago is that these days things move along so rapidly they might already be out of date. Just an observation, nothing more.

3. Where's Local Government?

Local government, planning, highways, airports and responsibility for the utilities will be overseen by a new Department of the Infrastructure.

The thought of someone like Anderson in charge of that is a truly terrifying thought.

• The re-structuring is not being undertaken as a means of making staff redundant.

• Almost all of you will see no real change to how you work, where you work or who you report to.

where exactly are the savings? as far as i can see, this will COST not SAVE

having the same people doing the same jobs in the same location doesn't suddenly enable us to bring home more bacon. this is bizarre.

just "shaking" the system doesn't make it better. and if you shake it now, you can't then shake it again for, oooo, ages.

They've got to say that though to give it a chance of being approved. It's quite a good way of trimming staff.

Archived