Manx Wow Guild Ideas

Shill

My account is reactivated now, as is Mrs Twonky's - and we're both keen on the Manx guild idea.

I'll have a word with a couple of my mates but I'm pretty sure they'd be amenable to the idea of a joining a Manx guild too. (One is currently active on WoW, the other retired at the same time as me but I reckon might well fancy a return.)

Horde certainly has a more mature player base, but they get by far the worst zones to quest in, (Barrens, anyone.....), and miss out on the likes of Deadmines and Stockades. (Ragefire Chasm doesn't seem like much of a consolation prize either.)

Plus the AH can be distinctly underwhelming on Horde, even to the extent that the basics are sometimes hard to get hold of.

Overall I do prefer Horde as a faction, but I feel that Alliance is more guild-friendly and gets by far the best deal in terms of zones to quest in and instances too.

My vote would go to Alliance, even if they are a bit 'shiny happy people'.

(In fact, the more I think about it, the more I can't face doing The Barrens again, and fucking Desolace, and running out of decent quests to do in the high 50s before being able to get to Outland, and so on.)

Horde certainly has a more mature player base, but they get by far the worst zones to quest in, (Barrens, anyone.....), and miss out on the likes of Deadmines and Stockades. (Ragefire Chasm doesn't seem like much of a consolation prize either.)

Plus the AH can be distinctly underwhelming on Horde, even to the extent that the basics are sometimes hard to get hold of.

Overall I do prefer Horde as a faction, but I feel that Alliance is more guild-friendly and gets by far the best deal in terms of zones to quest in and instances too.

(In fact, the more I think about it, the more I can't face doing The Barrens again, and fucking Desolace, and running out of decent quests to do in the high 50s before being able to get to Outland, and so on.)

I wasnt planning on levelling a new character. I have 2 lvl 80's and 1 lvl 70.

I was planning on migrating one of them to start with and getting the guild formed and then depending how successful it is migrating the other 2 to it.

I wasnt planning on levelling a new character. I have 2 lvl 80's and 1 lvl 70.

I was planning on migrating one of them to start with and getting the guild formed and then depending how successful it is migrating the other 2 to it.

Ooohhhh blimey I don't fancy playing the end game again at the moment, got totally burned out on heroics with my 80s and did a few raids as well, was truly fed up with them - on top of that, there's not much in the way of gear for either of my 80s to get in raids (apart from the high end 10s and 25s), they're fully decked out in L232 to L264 gear.

I was thinking it'd be a sort of social and levelling guild with a view to running the instances along the way and getting to the endgame in due course.

I'm not adverse to doing that, I just didnt think people would be interested in starting a new character.

Right out of all the people that have suggested an interest I will PM and ask for their preferred faction. Once the results are in I will pick a decent realm and let everyone know.

Once we all have characters started on the realm we can then decide on a name for the guild.

Was thinking it would be fun to have Manx themed character names. Ballashammy or Ushtey for example not mandatory but fun all the same.

Can we make this PvP please?

Been chatting to a few chums, we've all done 0-80 and endgame on PvE and even with the guild idea were a bit 'It's all the same stuff again though' - guilds are a perfect match for PvP as it's more of a team game (so I understand anyway, I've never played on a PvP server).

What's the feeling about founding the Manx guild on a PvP realm? There are 5 (maybe 6) of us pretty fired up about the idea and ready to get going :)

I've played on a PVP server before and I hated it. However if we are mainly doing instance runs to level up which i'm hoping we will be then I suppose it doesnt really matter.

I havent had many replies back from the PM's i sent out. But currently the vote is for 3 alliance and 2 horde.

I'm hoping to get this going by the weekend.

How does Frostwhisper PVP (Alliance) sound ? The reason for that realm is that I already have a lvl 80 there for gold to get the guild started.

Let me know.