Vote For Me

- Paul -

Hello

A lot of you may have seen me ( amongst many other charitable ducks at Laxey recently )

However I do so want to be an MHK so I'm standing for election in Douglas or anywhere I can.

Here's a picture of me in Douglas!

post-17710-127313819778_thumb.jpg

If elected, I promise that old buildings will be preserved as I know this is an issue of concern to you.

Here's a picture of me in Douglas - next to an old empty building!!

post-17710-127313833393_thumb.jpg

I am aware that many of you are concerned about dog poo so if I am elected I will ban it

Here's a picture of me in Douglas - next to some dog poo!!!

post-17710-127313869357_thumb.jpg

Anti social behaviour is an increasing problem on our lovely fluffy isle so if elected I promise to ban it!!!!

Here's a picture of me in Douglas - next to some anti social litter!!!!!

post-17710-127313874045_thumb.jpg

I remember when Douglas beach was packed with tourists. If elected I will fill the beach with tourists and ducks!

Here's a picture of me in Douglas - on the empty beach!!!!!

post-17710-127313899906_thumb.jpg

If elected I promise that there will be sunshine every day of the year and it will only rain at night when everyone is asleep. We will all be terribly happy and contented. If required I will personally pay for two moons every night.

I promise to always answer your emails as I am computer literate

Here's a picture of me in Douglas - using a computer!!!!!!

post-17710-127313967184_thumb.jpg

In conclusion, if elected, I will ban everything you don't like and ensure there's lots of everything you do like.

The time has come for action!

I will usher in a new age of prosperity for all manx people and ducks alike.

Vote for me - I'm not a lame duck!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From last Thursday's Manx Radio Mandate programme, interview with Kevin regarding MET. I don't really think he answers the question as to why the seemingly shadowy MET men are injecting their cash into this venture:

20100429 Mandate - MET KW.mp3

I am pleased to clear up any misunderstanding regarding my backers.

They are merely a group of concerned ducks anxious to promote good practice in politics for the benefit of democracy and man and duck kind on our lovely island

They are happy to be identified (as in this picture) and anyone who meets them around the island is welcome to stop them and ask any questions.

This is my campaign co-ordinator

post-17710-127314181847_thumb.jpg

And these are my backers

post-17710-127314164461_thumb.jpg

At last, a politician we can all see is not gong to join the gravy boat train and try to garnish support by incredible means. Have a gander at his pictures, everyone a feather in his cap.

Once in he will pass loads of bills and tread water on contentious issues. Let's hope this isn't his swan song.

Good luck me duck.

HAH! You're a trojan horse, sneaking in to gain our trust and confidence aren't you?

Go on admit it.

You've already got a load of your cronies installed in the arboreutum and at Silverdale. I bet you are behind the proposed execution of all those poor chickens at St Johns. So just how long have you been skulking here eh?

I'm thinking of putting in a planning application for an Orange grove and an acre of Plum trees...Huh! bet you won't support that. I think you are an infiltrater.

Rubber Ducks Employed by NASA

Sept 22, 08

Article (Konrad Steffen / University Of Colorado)

No, these ducks won’t be going into space, but they are working for NASA nevertheless. The organization best known for its efforts in space exploration has turned its sights to examining climate change science. To that end, NASA scientists are scrutinizing the movement of the Jakobshavn Glacier in Baffin Bay, Greenland. Glaciers shed ice into the sea and the increased rate of shedding has an impact on rising sea levels. This particular glacier is responsible for moving as much as 7% of Greenland’s ice into the ocean.

So where do rubber ducks enter the picture? NASA scientists have dropped 90 ducks into holes in the glacier. The scientists are hoping that the ducks will help shed some light on the process by which glaciers move. It is thought that water on top of the glacier melts into pools which then form tunnels down through the glacier. The tunnels then provide a route for more meltwater to collect underneath the glacier. This water could be responsible for “greasing the way” for glaciers to slide more quickly off land into the sea. Scientists hope the ducks will help them understand how water moves through the glacier. The rubber ducks are marked with “science experiment” and “reward” in three languages, as well as an email address. Scientists expect the rubber ducks to end up in Baffin Bay. So far, no rubber ducks have been recovered.

Well of course they haven't. They're all skulking under bushes and things waiting to take over the Island.

Archived