Islam In The Isle Of Man

IOM_Muslim

I'm a Protestant. I find that there is usually an appropriate Monty Python sketch for every thread and here it is - sorry!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS: It would be nice if we could chat without anybody being aggressive. After all I'm just a normal person.

Peace.

cool.gif

Hmmm, it would be nice if people could draw without anyone being aggressive too.

Lars Vilks attacked

Yes, it would, but there are some immature Crazies. Ridiculous and very worrying when the resort to violence for such things.

Hmmm, it would be nice if people could draw without anyone being aggressive too.

Lars Vilks attacked

Hmmm, It almost sounds like you're blaming me for that incident, Gilly rolleyes.gif

I don't know why you would think that. It was merely a comment on what you had written. Do you have any comment on what has been happening to Lars Vilks?

Killing somebody because they insulted the prophet is over the top. As for people getting upset; I can understand why. If people were drawing unflattering pictures of a person's mother and spreading them around the world, that person would be pretty insulted and pissed off. Muslims love the prophet and if someone insults him, they are insulting a person who we love and feel close to. Making a day called "draw Muhammad day" and then complaining that there was a negative reaction towards it is pretty stupid really. People say it's free speech, but why the desire to stir up trouble anyway? Also people know that there are extremists out there who would go out and kill over such things, so why fuel that fire?

Also, just because a Muslim kills a person over something like this, it doesn't mean ISLAM is responsible. If a christian murders someone, you don't hold christianity responsible. don't judge a religion by the people who claim to follow it.

Killing somebody because they insulted the prophet is over the top. As for people getting upset; I can understand why. If people were drawing unflattering pictures of a person's mother and spreading them around the world, that person would be pretty insulted and pissed off. Muslims love the prophet and if someone insults him, they are insulting a person who we love and feel close to. Making a day called "draw Muhammad day" and then complaining that there was a negative reaction towards it is pretty stupid really. People say it's free speech, but why the desire to stir up trouble anyway? Also people know that there are extremists out there who would go out and kill over such things, so why fuel that fire?

Also, just because a Muslim kills a person over something like this, it doesn't mean ISLAM is responsible. If a christian murders someone, you don't hold christianity responsible. don't judge a religion by the people who claim to follow it.

The origins of the cartoons goes back to those drawn in Denmark that were drawn to poke fun but it was done in the context of the behaviour of many Muslims who have used violence in the name of their religion. You have people who are so deluded that they are currently striving to recreate the old caliphates because they think it is their duty to do so and they will use any means to do this. It is quite natural that those who do not look solely on the dangers also look at the ridiculous and childishness of these people and their thinking. It runs along the line of recognising that people today are still following the backward beliefs of those who lived two thousands years ago. In drawing the Danish cartoons, it seems like a common sense and satisfying way of demonstrating just how foolish these people are. Now of course this insult also extends to all believers. No doubt they will be angered. But death threats and violence? I understand enough to recognise the unfortunate understanding that such an insult is a serious, if not more so, than insulting a family member. Again though, violence, death threats, and attempts on the cartoonists life from a sizeable number of people?

Considering the disgusting behaviour of these people and with little condemnation of their actions from other Muslims I thought it quite innovative and good that people choose to organise the 'Draw Mohammed Day'. If people are to treat their irrational beliefs with such seriousness that they would partake in violence then it only invites ridicule from those who see the bizarre and silly ways other people behave.

The recent cartoons are also a good thing because in a society where there is a fear of ridiculing Islam and one where people wrongly conflate being anti-Islam with racism it does make people wake up to the fact that it is ok to ridicule it.

All Muslims are not responsible for this sort of behaviour, but few Muslims openly criticise what is going on. They are letting the more deranged members of their faith given it an even worse reputation.

If you fight fire with fire, people will get burned. Carry on with attitudes like that and both the antagonists and the extremists are only going to perpetuate violence and killing. It's better for everyone to just stop and leave it all alone. What's wrong with living your own life without the need to tell other people how shit you think theirs is?

If you fight fire with fire, people will get burned. Carry on with attitudes like that and both the antagonists and the extremists are only going to perpetuate violence and killing. It's better for everyone to just stop and leave it all alone. What's wrong with living your own life without the need to tell other people how shit you think theirs is?

Oh! Here we go. So why should we let these vile bastards go around killing and maiming indiscriminatly.

Just answer me this - how many infidel kaffir bastids were in Iraq or Afghanistan before 11th September 2001?

Is that the reason the antagonists and extremists using now to murder the innocent?

Makes me puke!

Still haven't seen this yet but am trying to see it

http://www.four-lions.co.uk/

But it isn't fighting fire with fire. It is fighting murderers and violent nutcases with ridicule of the very things that inspire them to commit such acts.

And those who have and will get burned by the fire will not be those who have these beliefs.

The Abrahamic religions are too damaging to people and society to be allowed to continue their propagation without the ridicule and criticism they deserve. They are too dangerous and stultify thinking and interest in what is true.

If people kept their religion to themselves it would be a significant improvement, but too mant want to push it without being reigned in by more 'moderate' believers.

Oh! Here we go. So why should we let these vile bastards go around killing and maiming indiscriminatly.

Just answer me this - how many infidel kaffir bastids were in Iraq or Afghanistan before 11th September 2001?

Is that the reason the antagonists and extremists using now to murder the innocent?

Makes me puke!

Still haven't seen this yet but am trying to see it

http://www.four-lions.co.uk/

First of all I said BOTH sides should drop the whole antagonising and murdering innocents thing. That goes for the Islamic extremists and the UK and US soldiers in the middle east who break into houses and kill families, raping women and throwing puppies off cliffs. As for pre-9/11 conflict between the west and Islam has been going on since way before then. Both empires wanted to expand and they collided. It's called WAR. People get hurt. You can't blame one more than the other for starting the whole thing. Also before you make a comment about how 'Muslims blow ppl up' just remember the half a billion people killed by the western rulers' 'ethnic cleansing' (ie mass slaughter and displacement of a country's people) of places like the Americas, Australia and Palestine.) Then remember the dark ages where Europe was bailed out of ignorance by Islamic Spain. If you don't know what I'm talking about; open a history book.

Happy puking.

If people kept their religion to themselves it would be a significant improvement, but too mant want to push it without being reigned in by more 'moderate' believers.

Tell that to Richard Dawkins who seems to be on a campaign to push atheism on the world. If he is allowed to spread his beliefs, then so is everyone else.

Archived