Congratulations To Elton & David !

thesultanofsheight

I'm getting tired of reading all the saccharin Elton and David bollocks such as:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/8229196/Elton-John-Goodbye-Yellow-Brick-Road-hello-nappies-and-sleepless-nights.html

“We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,” Sir Elton, 63, and Mr Furnish, 48, said in a joint statement. “Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.”

So let me get this right. They're a couple of completely detached from reality rich blokes who paid some stupid greedy woman to squeeze one out for them, and then paid extra for it to be squeezed out on Christmas day to make the event "extra special". But it is not their baby. In fact the baby likely has absolutely nothing to do with them. For them in their self obsessed world this is just another celebrity purchase like a new car or another house. Are these people really so pathetic and vain that they think that its their right to buy some kiddy just so they can play at being daddy and daddy for the rest of their lives? Its not the fact that they are gay that angers me - as Michael Jackson was just as bad, paying to have a load of fucked up kids brought into the world without a mother because he wanted to play at being a daddy but was that screwed up mentally himself that he couldn't have the normal relationship required to create a child -its the fact that we all are now being asked to stick our heads up are arses by the media and offer them congratulations when we should be asking "What the fuck are you two rich self obsessed idiots doing? Your buying a child like you would a pedigree dog. Get a life and go and get some therapy. Then just buy another house somewhere nice and get a few new dog's to put in it!"

It makes you wonder whether these designer human chattels will grow up to be rich axe murderers or serial killers when they get so fucked up by the fact that their selfish self-obsessed 'parents' bought them and then deliberately cut the person who gave birth to them out of their lives forever just so that they could play at being mummy and daddy in their own sad hyper rich little world. Finding out your Mum was just a greedy bitch who carried you for £100k and your dad was some nameless tramp who wanked in a pot for $20 at the request of two mega rich gay's is bound to play mind games with you eventually. It seems the height of selfishness to me that anyone would want to do this, and the media seems to have lost the plot by writing glowing eulogies to Elton and David and their new dear little baby. Aaaaah ...

In 50 years time all these super rich but emotionally empty wankers will be having clones made, or purchasing other ridiculous manifestations of their insecure ME, ME, ME obsession. It really is quite pathetic and the press should be ashamed for buying into the sugary sickness of it all. Its not nice or lovely, its actually as creepy as fuck if you think about it for more than 3 seconds.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John'

What a crap name. I'm calling my kid 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' - either that or Dave.

When he's 2 his 'Dad' will be drawing a pension, and when he's 20 he'll be pushing up daisies at 83.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong wrong - just on the age factors, which were what they were told a while ago apparently.

All a bit like the 'Trueman show' to me.

Don't really understand why Elton John is to be criticised.

They're a couple of completely detached from reality rich blokes
Are they really? How do you know?
But it is not their baby. In fact the baby likely has absolutely nothing to do with them.
What do you mean, nothing to do with them?
Its not the fact that they are gay that angers me - as Michael Jackson was just as bad
Michael Jackson was gay? That's news to me.

I think you are just getting your knickers in a twist over very little. I couldn't give a fuck about Elton John and whether he has adopted. Obviously the news about the event has interested you though, but you have been a sucker to it by taking it seriously.

I think there are far, far more important issues with the amount of straight under-18s having kiddies when so many really not ready.

What a bunch of pathetic homophobes are posting here.

Elton John through his foundation helps hundreds of children children in terrible poverty and often HIV positive.

He and his partner attempted to adopt a child from an East european orphange but were turned down.

They have has much right to have a child as anyone and at least wont be asking the state to suport it.

Yes, Elton John is getting on and it does seem a little selfish to have a child at that age with a strong possibility that he might die within the next 15 years. But then in the next decade the child may be brought up in a very loving environment, which is very different to many children being brough up by very young parents. And David Furnish is only fifty.

Yes, Elton John is getting on and it does seem a little selfish to have a child at that age with a strong possibility that he might die within the next 15 years. But then in the next decade the child may be brought up in a very loving environment, which is very different to many children being brough up by very young parents. And David Furnish is only fifty.

Anyone might die within the next 15 years , 15 months or even 15 days . Fortunately we do not know the future.

As with others there is a little concern due to age but I expect the child will still have 2 parents who care about it and it will be raised in a decent caring manor which is more than can be said for some children of hetrosexual households, being gay does not mean the parents are not as loving and caring nor deserve a child any less than hetrosexual parents so long as the is stability and the childs needs are looked after.

I look at this with at least 3 persectives.

1. As an adoptee. Adoption can be beneficial and fulfilling and is to be encouraged. It can be good for the child, the adopters amd the birth family. I had a wonderful adoptive family, it is my family. I also have a good relationship, with my birth family. I have been lucky. I hope this baby is lucky.

2. As a gay man. There should be no restriction on the rights of singles or couples to adopt based on sexual orientation. What is important is what the child can be offered by way of emotional well being and security.

3. As a lawyer. I think we need to be sure that what is done is in the best interests of the child. Money is not everything. Presumably they are going to have to adopt the child somewhere so it will still be subject to intensive socila workand court review.

That being said and done, and after congratulating all recent new parents, I am concerned about the publicity (which will be ongoing and may not be good for the child), the financial arrangements ( I a not in favour of buying babies, if that is what happened) and the age of one of the parents.

Archived