Congratulations To Elton & David !

thesultanofsheight

Yes, Elton John is getting on and it does seem a little selfish to have a child at that age with a strong possibility that he might die within the next 15 years. But then in the next decade the child may be brought up in a very loving environment, which is very different to many children being brough up by very young parents. And David Furnish is only fifty.

Anyone might die within the next 15 years , 15 months or even 15 days . Fortunately we do not know the future.

Firstly - anyone who opposes Elton John having a child (despite giving a reason unrelated to his sexual preference) is a homophobe? Ok.

Secondly - there's a little thing called probability. Elton John is more likely to die in the next 15 years than a young, healthy person is. It's the reason they were refused the first time.

As for his partner, 48 is also pretty old to have a kid. When the kid is 16, wanting to be running around a field playing football with his dad, his younger father will be 64.

But ehhhh. Nothing I can do about it, and I don't really care enough to post a longer response about it. As long as the kid has a happy life I really don't give a fuck.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting tired of reading all the saccharin Elton and David bollocks such as:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/8229196/Elton-John-Goodbye-Yellow-Brick-Road-hello-nappies-and-sleepless-nights.html

“We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,” Sir Elton, 63, and Mr Furnish, 48, said in a joint statement. “Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.”

So let me get this right. They're a couple of completely detached from reality rich blokes who paid some stupid greedy woman to squeeze one out for them, and then paid extra for it to be squeezed out on Christmas day to make the event "extra special". But it is not their baby. In fact the baby likely has absolutely nothing to do with them. For them in their self obsessed world this is just another celebrity purchase like a new car or another house. Are these people really so pathetic and vain that they think that its their right to buy some kiddy just so they can play at being daddy and daddy for the rest of their lives? Its not the fact that they are gay that angers me - as Michael Jackson was just as bad, paying to have a load of fucked up kids brought into the world without a mother because he wanted to play at being a daddy but was that screwed up mentally himself that he couldn't have the normal relationship required to create a child -its the fact that we all are now being asked to stick our heads up are arses by the media and offer them congratulations when we should be asking "What the fuck are you two rich self obsessed idiots doing? Your buying a child like you would a pedigree dog. Get a life and go and get some therapy. Then just buy another house somewhere nice and get a few new dog's to put in it!"

It makes you wonder whether these designer human chattels will grow up to be rich axe murderers or serial killers when they get so fucked up by the fact that their selfish self-obsessed 'parents' bought them and then deliberately cut the person who gave birth to them out of their lives forever just so that they could play at being mummy and daddy in their own sad hyper rich little world. Finding out your Mum was just a greedy bitch who carried you for £100k and your dad was some nameless tramp who wanked in a pot for $20 at the request of two mega rich gay's is bound to play mind games with you eventually. It seems the height of selfishness to me that anyone would want to do this, and the media seems to have lost the plot by writing glowing eulogies to Elton and David and their new dear little baby. Aaaaah ...

In 50 years time all these super rich but emotionally empty wankers will be having clones made, or purchasing other ridiculous manifestations of their insecure ME, ME, ME obsession. It really is quite pathetic and the press should be ashamed for buying into the sugary sickness of it all. Its not nice or lovely, its actually as creepy as fuck if you think about it for more than 3 seconds.

I deplore your language but totally agree with your sentiment.

I'm getting tired of reading all the saccharin Elton and David bollocks such as:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/8229196/Elton-John-Goodbye-Yellow-Brick-Road-hello-nappies-and-sleepless-nights.html

“We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment,” Sir Elton, 63, and Mr Furnish, 48, said in a joint statement. “Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents.”

So let me get this right. They're a couple of completely detached from reality rich blokes who paid some stupid greedy woman to squeeze one out for them, and then paid extra for it to be squeezed out on Christmas day to make the event "extra special". But it is not their baby. In fact the baby likely has absolutely nothing to do with them. For them in their self obsessed world this is just another celebrity purchase like a new car or another house. Are these people really so pathetic and vain that they think that its their right to buy some kiddy just so they can play at being daddy and daddy for the rest of their lives? Its not the fact that they are gay that angers me - as Michael Jackson was just as bad, paying to have a load of fucked up kids brought into the world without a mother because he wanted to play at being a daddy but was that screwed up mentally himself that he couldn't have the normal relationship required to create a child -its the fact that we all are now being asked to stick our heads up are arses by the media and offer them congratulations when we should be asking "What the fuck are you two rich self obsessed idiots doing? Your buying a child like you would a pedigree dog. Get a life and go and get some therapy. Then just buy another house somewhere nice and get a few new dog's to put in it!"

It makes you wonder whether these designer human chattels will grow up to be rich axe murderers or serial killers when they get so fucked up by the fact that their selfish self-obsessed 'parents' bought them and then deliberately cut the person who gave birth to them out of their lives forever just so that they could play at being mummy and daddy in their own sad hyper rich little world. Finding out your Mum was just a greedy bitch who carried you for £100k and your dad was some nameless tramp who wanked in a pot for $20 at the request of two mega rich gay's is bound to play mind games with you eventually. It seems the height of selfishness to me that anyone would want to do this, and the media seems to have lost the plot by writing glowing eulogies to Elton and David and their new dear little baby. Aaaaah ...

In 50 years time all these super rich but emotionally empty wankers will be having clones made, or purchasing other ridiculous manifestations of their insecure ME, ME, ME obsession. It really is quite pathetic and the press should be ashamed for buying into the sugary sickness of it all. Its not nice or lovely, its actually as creepy as fuck if you think about it for more than 3 seconds.

I really couldn't have put it better myself. Every time this story comes on the news it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's like the baby is a new designer handbag or something! Totally creepy.

Firstly - anyone who opposes Elton John having a child (despite giving a reason unrelated to his sexual preference) is a homophobe? Ok.

Oh behave if someone says they object because of his age how is that homophobic, don't be so bloody paranoid, would you say if they objected to a woman because of her age they was hetrophobic.

Oh behave if someone says they object because of his age how is that homophobic, don't be so bloody paranoid, would you say if they objected to a woman because of her age they was hetrophobic.

I'm pretty sure you need to read my post again, but more slowly.

The guy I quoted when I posted that previously said something to the effect of "what a bunch of homophobes here" when nobody had mentioned Elton John's sexuality. The questionmark in the above quote is pretty important.

God can you imagine how much effort this insufferable twat is going to put into parenting? Can you imagine Elton John undergoing the slightest inconvenience as a result of this child? The moment he shits himself or starts puking he will be handed to some flunkey who'll be told to bring it back in a nice sailor suit when it's cleaned up

As with others there is a little concern due to age but I expect the child will still have 2 parents who care about it and it will be raised in a decent caring manor which is more than can be said for some children of hetrosexual households, being gay does not mean the parents are not as loving and caring nor deserve a child any less than hetrosexual parents so long as the is stability and the childs needs are looked after.

I agree -possibily for the very first time with one of your posts! :P

When the kid is 16, wanting to be running around a field playing football with his dad, his younger father will be 64.

What 16 year old wants to play football with his Dad?

Make it 14 and 62 if it makes you happy. Or 12 and 60. The point is, he's too old to properly raise a kid with all the interaction that a father + son would normally enjoy.

That said, kid will be rich as fuck and can just buy somebody to play football with.

bet you'll all be contributing though by going to watch his concert

I'd rather take my own eyes out with a pickle fork and then eat them without pepper.

There is nothing wrong with 'the gays' having babies, 2 gay couples I know have children and they are being brought up by parents who love each other and their child/children. The media circus is the chicken and the egg, we love it, it sells papers.......

As with others there is a little concern due to age but I expect the child will still have 2 parents who care about it and it will be raised in a decent caring manor which is more than can be said for some children of hetrosexual households, being gay does not mean the parents are not as loving and caring nor deserve a child any less than hetrosexual parents so long as the is stability and the childs needs are looked after.

to the Decent Caring Manor born :lol:

One of the earlier posts made some comparison to Michael Jackson which I think is unfair. Whereas Jacko really was a fruitcake, Elton John and his husband seem to be upstanding members of society, and don't necessarily chase publicity for the sake of it. Comments about Elton's age are valid - he is a bit old - but I suspect if he'd have had the chance to do this 10 years ago he would, but even as recently as that the option wouldn't have been open to him.

Elton and David don't make ideal parents, but I suspect they'll do a damn sight better for the kid than many who have kids in the natural way.

Archived