Congratulations To Elton & David !

thesultanofsheight

God can you imagine how much effort this insufferable twat is going to put into parenting? Can you imagine Elton John undergoing the slightest inconvenience as a result of this child? The moment he shits himself or starts puking he will be handed to some flunkey who'll be told to bring it back in a nice sailor suit when it's cleaned up

Haha yes couldn't agree more!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God can you imagine how much effort this insufferable twat is going to put into parenting? Can you imagine Elton John undergoing the slightest inconvenience as a result of this child? The moment he shits himself or starts puking he will be handed to some flunkey who'll be told to bring it back in a nice sailor suit when it's cleaned up

Jealousy and envy are splattered all over this post!

Didn'T have a nanny then tugs had to clean you own babies bum shame :P

Poor kid will eat so much fudge he'll have no teeth by the time he's 8.

I don't know why you grace Manxforums. You only come across as a bitter twat.

I exist just to piss you off ... I'd rather be a bitter twat than some daydreaming anarchist arsehole.

When the kid is 16, wanting to be running around a field playing football with his dad, his younger father will be 64.

What 16 year old wants to play football with his Dad?

Make it 14 and 62 if it makes you happy. Or 12 and 60. The point is, he's too old to properly raise a kid with all the interaction that a father + son would normally enjoy.

That said, kid will be rich as fuck and can just buy somebody to play football with.

Absolute bollox.

There are more things in life than running after a football.

It was more figuratively than literally written. I had hoped that it would imply almost any physical activity. I suppose that was too much of a stretch of the imagination to ask for, in future I'll make sure to write "any outdoor activity besides sitting on a rug sipping wine and complaining about his bad back".

Hell, I even said it in my post re-reading it: "The point is, he's too old to properly raise a kid with all the interaction that a father + son would normally enjoy."

The comment didn't purely revolve around football, it just seemed like a fairly common thing to suggest, that most would be able to relate to.

Why does anyone bother concieving their own biological child when there are all these others needing adoption?

You must have a genetic abnormality to be seriously asking this question.

Yeah, I was poking fun at a point made by an idiot a few posts earlier - he couldn't understand why someone would want to use a non-traditional method to have a child when they could adopt. I was trying, and apparently failing, to point out that lots of people choose to have a biological child and many are fortunate to be able to do that the 'traditional' way. Why should those unable to be denied the opportunity to have a biological child, and if they are to be denied, then surely all potential parents should be denied as well. It wasn't a serious question.

the original link at the start of this thread went through to the Telegraph which says it cost them over a hundred grand to do the deal

Oh, you got it out of a newspaper? Must be correct then.

I'm sorry but I do have a problem when you get to paying people to perform biological functions that you can't perform yourself as I think that fundamentally it is wrong and that with children it does not take into account the psychological effects on that purchased designer commodity at some future time. So yes I do object to people using money to play God as you have no idea where its going to end and what the impact on society will be at some future point in time.

You are actually opposed to IVF then? You are genuinely saying that if a couple are unable to conceive 'naturally' they are wrong to use private medical facilities to help them have a baby?

When the kid is 16, wanting to be running around a field playing football with his dad, his younger father will be 64.

What 16 year old wants to play football with his Dad?

Make it 14 and 62 if it makes you happy. Or 12 and 60. The point is, he's too old to properly raise a kid with all the interaction that a father + son would normally enjoy.

That said, kid will be rich as fuck and can just buy somebody to play football with.

Absolute bollox.

There are more things in life than running after a football.

It was more figuratively than literally written. I had hoped that it would imply almost any physical activity. I suppose that was too much of a stretch of the imagination to ask for, in future I'll make sure to write "any outdoor activity besides sitting on a rug sipping wine and complaining about his bad back".

Hell, I even said it in my post re-reading it: "The point is, he's too old to properly raise a kid with all the interaction that a father + son would normally enjoy."

The comment didn't purely revolve around football, it just seemed like a fairly common thing to suggest, that most would be able to relate to.

Eltopn John is a highly trained classical pianist and musician

I assume he will be able to teach his son music until hes ninety

Anything else he will learn as others do - not from their fathers but from their teachers and peers.

My father never taught us anything he was too busy working all hours to keep us.

the original link at the start of this thread went through to the Telegraph which says it cost them over a hundred grand to do the deal

Oh, you got it out of a newspaper? Must be correct then.

I'm sorry but I do have a problem when you get to paying people to perform biological functions that you can't perform yourself as I think that fundamentally it is wrong and that with children it does not take into account the psychological effects on that purchased designer commodity at some future time. So yes I do object to people using money to play God as you have no idea where its going to end and what the impact on society will be at some future point in time.

You are actually opposed to IVF then? You are genuinely saying that if a couple are unable to conceive 'naturally' they are wrong to use private medical facilities to help them have a baby?

I said that there are lots of risks introduced when people start playing God, or ignore the hand that nature has dealt them with, just because science then makes certain things possible. IVF is not fool proof either and certainly presents a risk to the child of a higher rate of birth or genetic defects.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/oct/19/health.research

These are children at the end of the day and in later life they may well get emotional issues associated with how they were brought into the world. Never mind though I'm sure Elton and David's quest for emotional well being and fulfillment ranks higher in their minds than any of the potential psychological consequences for their purchase.

I said that there are lots of risks introduced when people start playing God, or ignore the hand that nature has dealt them with

Are you implying that there is an intelligence behind this 'dealing'? And what exactly has nature dealt?

Nothing about your thoughts on this matter appear to be anything other than irrational twaddle based on some idea that there are dangers for society in children being born who were not of heterosexual couples who had intercourse. Maybe you are not explaining your concerns well enough, but it all seems a bit woolly.

These are children at the end of the day and in later life they may well get emotional issues associated with how they were brought into the world.
They just might have such issues. But then a child may have emotional issues from being smacked by their parents; from having disinterested, immature, irresponsible parents; from having difficulty making friends; and all manner of day-to-day events that may affect a child's mind. Yet I doubt very much that the matter of how a child is conceived is going to weigh heavily on the mind of such a child. You seem to imply that it will result in serious issues, but what's the basis for this assumption?

I tend to assume that any child will place more importance on the love that they have from those who have brought them up and the potential relationship that any surrogate mother might have.

Nothing about your thoughts on this matter appear to be anything other than irrational twaddle based on some idea that there are dangers for society in children being born who were not of heterosexual couples who had intercourse.

Not once, you intensely irritating little man, have I made reference to them being gay. Not once. Please go back through my posts and point out where I have said that it is wrong because they are gay? You can't as I didn't. I am saying that in many cases there may be a reason why people cannot concieve and by circumventing nature there is a high risk of genetic defects. Just because science makes a certain thing possible does not necessarily mean that you should do it, or that doing it does not represent a considerable risk. Again I made no mention of anyone being gay in this posting either; I simply find the fact that rich people (gay or not) who think they can buy children or pay a surrogate, and that its totally 'ok', unsettling.

Yet I doubt very much that the matter of how a child is conceived is going to weigh heavily on the mind of such a child. You seem to imply that it will result in serious issues, but what's the basis for this assumption? I tend to assume that any child will place more importance on the love that they have from those who have brought them up and the potential relationship that any surrogate mother might have.

What do you know either? You've had children have you or bought up someone else's children? Knowing your family and genetic background is an important part of knowing who you are. I am sure many of these children may in the fullness of time suffer emotionally, as many adopted children do, because they can't fill in the blanks in their genetic and family history. Only an idiot would suggest that there is no risk. But then clearly from your increasingly warped and petulant posts on MF you are most likely an idiot.

If you think that's unfair its only because I find you accusing me of being homophobic offensive as I have never said anything about their personal situation other than they are two rich men who think they can buy what they want.

Archived