Explanation Of Manx Unfriendliness

Ben Varrey

I have long wondered why Manx people are so unfriendly and I think I have finally realised what their problem is.

Inbreeding. This is plainly seen on those unfortunates with the overhanging browline, slack jaw and vacant looking eyes - as though they are repeatedly saying 'doh' 'doh' 'doh'

I have seen Manx Forums referred to as MF - is the alternative title of 'Meet the Fockers'?

Although I have seen the posts of one or two sensible posters, the rest of you do seem to suffer from some sort of mental feebleness. I find discussing things with people who are intellectually challenged very difficult. So, I bid you adieu.

I would ask you to remember that people away from the Island may read your messages and those postings don't say anything favourible about the Manx people. Don't scare them off, your gene pool really does need diluting - either that or get rid of some of the lifeguards patrolling said gene pool and let natural selection take place.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the five years I've lived here I've found the Manx people to be the friendliest I've met anywhere. The service in shops and restaurants can be a bit hit and miss, but your average Manxie couldn't be nicer in my experience. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to move back to the UK.

I am moving over from the UK and have made several trips so far.

I have experienced nothing but warmth and help in person.

The manx are a credit to themselves and the IOM. The UK could learn a shed load.

Absolutely. I'm sure "Ben" was expecting lots of frothing at the mouth type replies, I'd suggest that the current level of decorum is a more fitting riposte to his blatant and amateurish trolling.

Archived