Explanation Of Manx Unfriendliness

Ben Varrey

My mood has changed. On first reading I accepted inbreeding as a viable explanation for the general shittiness of the Isle of Man, and it's residents.

However, with reflection my mood has turned into indignation that somebody has brought this to my attention, when they could have just as easily paid tribute to our lovely flag.

Look, this is how angry I am: :angry:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have long wondered why Manx people are so unfriendly and I think I have finally realised what their problem is.

Inbreeding. This is plainly seen on those unfortunates with the overhanging browline, slack jaw and vacant looking eyes - as though they are repeatedly saying 'doh' 'doh' 'doh'

I have seen Manx Forums referred to as MF - is the alternative title of 'Meet the Fockers'?

Although I have seen the posts of one or two sensible posters, the rest of you do seem to suffer from some sort of mental feebleness. I find discussing things with people who are intellectually challenged very difficult. So, I bid you adieu.

I would ask you to remember that people away from the Island may read your messages and those postings don't say anything favourible about the Manx people. Don't scare them off, your gene pool really does need diluting - either that or get rid of some of the lifeguards patrolling said gene pool and let natural selection take place.

You will go to your room right now and think about what you said! And DON'T come out until you're ready to say sorry!

Considering that more than half the population isn't native to the island, you will have to come up with a better explanation Ben. Anyway, I'm far from certain that the Manx have a monopoly on unfriendliness - you always get a few wherever you go. Better luck in your new home, let us know how you get on.

I would agree however, that some of the posts do the island little credit - no offence!

When people make this kind of comment I always think it is worth remembering that when you are dealing with people if you are friendly, they will be friendly, if you are unfriendly and not interested in them, then they will be unfriendly - which probably means Ben is unfriendly in the first place and people are mirroring his behaviour back to him/her.

I think people here are much friendlier than the UK - sometimes a bit reserved until you 'break the ice' but from then on really nice.

I have long wondered why Manx people are so unfriendly and I think I have finally realised what their problem is.

Inbreeding. This is plainly seen on those unfortunates with the overhanging browline, slack jaw and vacant looking eyes - as though they are repeatedly saying 'doh' 'doh' 'doh'

I have seen Manx Forums referred to as MF - is the alternative title of 'Meet the Fockers'?

Although I have seen the posts of one or two sensible posters, the rest of you do seem to suffer from some sort of mental feebleness. I find discussing things with people who are intellectually challenged very difficult. So, I bid you adieu.

I would ask you to remember that people away from the Island may read your messages and those postings don't say anything favourible about the Manx people. Don't scare them off, your gene pool really does need diluting - either that or get rid of some of the lifeguards patrolling said gene pool and let natural selection take place.

If your basing this opinion on people on here that's a little daft and quite some generalisation!

This post is such a yawn. I know, let’s think of something controversial to say and see if I can get a rise. It might be fun.

This guy is probably Manx (hence the name) but, being a yokel from Jurby, can't think of a better insult to bait people with.

See what I did there?

Next.

I would ask you to remember that people away from the Island may read your messages and those postings don't say anything favourible about the Manx people.

Favourable.

The Isle of Man. The most wonderful country in the world. The people are all blonde, tanned and muscular and walk around in mini thongs. Beer is 4p per pint. We have public petrol wells where buckets of fuel can be drawn for free. The buses run on time. No one ever gets sick. Just breathing our sweet mountain air is more intoxicating than any drug. No one need to work because the Government gives us all the money we need. If we can't buy something we get LDV to steal it for us.

Right.. Can we get back to the moaning now please?

So free speech is fine as long as it as long as it doesn't upset anyone and toes the party line? Half of our problems arise from that it is no longer 'politically correct' to call a spade a shovel.

The Island - one of the friendliest places around and a great place to live despite the nepotism, incest and corruption. Now, whose going to take offence?

Archived