Explanation Of Manx Unfriendliness

Ben Varrey

Oh, and if you report this thread to the moderators again the only person getting a ban will be you for abusing the report button.

You have to feel for him though - having your 10 year old son see what a complete and total knob end you've made of yourself in a thread must be very embarrassing. He probably wants it deleted to save his embarrassment.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally my 10 year old asked some questions about that post which were awkward for me to explain. Thats what led me to post....... Perhaps you should consider this in your role as moderator.

Bestiality & necrophilia orgies.

You've more explaining to do now.

Tried them once.

It was like flogging a dead horse.

Don't you mean shagging a dead horse? Not that I'm an expert on such things you understand!

Yeah. I really needed Mr Sausages to include 'sadism' in his orgies.

I can only do so much with limited material.

Anyway, enough chatter, I'm off to be unfriendly to somebody.

big deep breath and here goes.......

as everyone can see i have just joined the forum although i have been an avid reader for the 3 years that i have lived here, unfriendliness is not a manx thing, try living in london for more than a week!! Or Paris or New York or any other big city for that matter!

If anyone has a problem about living on the island, simple answer, move away! I take people as i find them, its nice to be nice. IOM is not like any place i have ever lived and maybe that is the attraction, it has its bad points but if broken headlights, roundabouts (don't get me started on QB!)or any other similar posts in general chat etc etc are anything to go by then i consider the island a nice place to live, but........

I am a firm believer in supporting local economy, whether it be douglas or dumfries, port erin or plymouth,shopping local does make an economic difference to local suppliers/customers etc.

I am becoming slightly dissolusioned by certain things i see happen on island, for example, why can you only buy 1 litre cartons of milk from any shoprite outlet? and why is organic milk from across 20p a litre cheaper?

Why is 'locally produced bread' dearer than an equivalent loaf from across? I recently bought a packet of baps from tesco and the cashier refused to sell them to me because they never had a sell by date printed in the window, although they felt fresh to me he was adamant he could not sell them... i left my full basket of shopping by the till and walked out. Only to be told later that baps are frozen when baked then passed on to stores at a later date with a separate sell by date printed on a different sticker put somewhere else on the packet!!!! Why is 'localy produced' cheese, cream, etc more expensive to buy than a comparable imported product? It makes no sense to me........

like i said, big deep breath.........

big deep breath and here goes.......

as everyone can see i have just joined the forum although i have been an avid reader for the 3 years that i have lived here, unfriendliness is not a manx thing, try living in london for more than a week!! Or Paris or New York or any other big city for that matter!

If anyone has a problem about living on the island, simple answer, move away! I take people as i find them, its nice to be nice. IOM is not like any place i have ever lived and maybe that is the attraction, it has its bad points but if broken headlights, roundabouts (don't get me started on QB!)or any other similar posts in general chat etc etc are anything to go by then i consider the island a nice place to live, but........

I am a firm believer in supporting local economy, whether it be douglas or dumfries, port erin or plymouth,shopping local does make an economic difference to local suppliers/customers etc.

I am becoming slightly dissolusioned by certain things i see happen on island, for example, why can you only buy 1 litre cartons of milk from any shoprite outlet? and why is organic milk from across 20p a litre cheaper?

Why is 'locally produced bread' dearer than an equivalent loaf from across? I recently bought a packet of baps from tesco and the cashier refused to sell them to me because they never had a sell by date printed in the window, although they felt fresh to me he was adamant he could not sell them... i left my full basket of shopping by the till and walked out. Only to be told later that baps are frozen when baked then passed on to stores at a later date with a separate sell by date printed on a different sticker put somewhere else on the packet!!!! Why is 'localy produced' cheese, cream, etc more expensive to buy than a comparable imported product? It makes no sense to me........

like i said, big deep breath.........

I think it's called economies of scale. If you produces thousands of litres of milk and loaves of bread you can afford to charge less for them. Local produce has always been dearer than imported.

"Chulse an' Orry" on Manx Radio a few years back was a brilliant impersonation of real old Manx folk. I knew two Onchan bin men who spoke and thought just like it and really the so called "Manx" is just another English fuelled dialect.

Try "The Singing Postman" on You-Tube (Alan Smethurst "You come Along a me") and dub over it a Manx accent of the old school and you see what I mean.

Try also "Wossa bottom fall out?" and "Oi Can't get a noice loafa bread"

Yes. I know it's Norfolk but yew Listen carefully now!

Wrong - the Manx dialect comes from Gaelic.

I am moving over from the UK and have made several trips so far.

I have experienced nothing but warmth and help in person.

The manx are a credit to themselves and the IOM. The UK could learn a shed load.

Absolutely. I'm sure "Ben" was expecting lots of frothing at the mouth type replies, I'd suggest that the current level of decorum is a more fitting riposte to his blatant and amateurish trolling.

Ah, you see yourself as a good judge of character do you? So far, none of you have got it right yet you are so convinced you have which just makes it even funnier.

I am moving over from the UK and have made several trips so far.

I have experienced nothing but warmth and help in person.

The manx are a credit to themselves and the IOM. The UK could learn a shed load.

Absolutely. I'm sure "Ben" was expecting lots of frothing at the mouth type replies, I'd suggest that the current level of decorum is a more fitting riposte to his blatant and

amateurish trolling.

Ah, you see yourself as a good judge of character do you? So far, none of you have got it right yet you are so convinced you have which just makes it even funnier.

Are you Manx yerself then Ben coz I was always told that it " takes one to know one? " or are you just attempting to be inflammatory because you are bored at work?

Well, Aquarius, that would be telling wouldn't it! Would you agree, this thread turned out to be more amusing than the usual snivelling rubbish posted on here? Such threads, I might add, only prove my point.

I prefer to be a person of mystery that weilds a poking stick when necessary ;)

To those who chose to cast aspertions on my friendliness I would add this: I wasn't one of the the ones on here talking to someone who wasn't there LMAO

Aww, bless. I'm back now - let's see what else I can reel you in with ...

Well, Aquarius, that would be telling wouldn't it! Would you agree, this thread turned out to be more amusing than the usual snivelling rubbish posted on here? Such threads, I might add, only prove my point.

I prefer to be a person of mystery that weilds a poking stick when necessary ;)

To those who chose to cast aspertions on my friendliness I would add this: I wasn't one of the the ones on here talking to someone who wasn't there LMAO

Maybe not so much amusing but definately interesting. Aren't most people on here people of mystery? As for your last paragraph - excuse my ignorance - but what the hell are you on about?!!!!!

Aww, bless. I'm back now - let's see what else I can reel you in with ...

Archived