Bin Laden Is Dead

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it says on SKY NEWS

And how do you expect this will influence our lives?

IMO it'll make the world a far more dangerous place. Anti-American sentiment is already strong, this will just reinforce it.

I wonder how many billion or even trillion $ was spent in the military operations since 9 / 11?

At least the relatives of the multiple attrocities that he has been directly linked to can feel a little bit of closure.

I know people are celebrating in America and, I sure, some on here will have their own views on that.

As for Al-Qeda....I'm not sure it is going to make much difference. They won't suddenly dissapear. There are others that will step into the role of "Leader".

I think you might see some small scale retaliation over the next few days but there is a danger that this will be the inspiration for something bigger. Hope not but I think its inevitable.

I think there is no doubt about that, the world will not be a safer place after this event, and in fact over the next couple of weeks I would imagine it to be far more dangerous. :(

The figureheads not only focus but fund the likes of the Taliban.

You can be sure threat levels and vigilance will be raised everywhere. However it's always good news when murderers are dealt with...

The War on Terror, like all wars, does not provide solutions but victors. As I watched the planes hitting the towers on TV I knew that Bush would need to bomb the crap out of a lot of people in retaliation, and so it proved. Healing and reconciliation is what is required, and that is a very tough ask.

Archived