Bin Laden Is Dead

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong. Islam is Islam is Islam.

There are a number of “schools of jurisprudence”, but only ONE Islam.

What's that quote Spook? "cavilling on the ninth part of a hair"?

When there are many denominations within a religion it is hardly a unified religion.

It's interesting that he's seen as the face behind 9/11, in spite of any hard evidence of it (unlike Cole/embassy bombings). He certainly served as the figurehead of the war against terror, and there never seemed any interest in putting him through the courts (unlike some of the lesser-known figures). If he was taken alive, where could he even be tried? Would he even be a candidate for asylum in some countries because of these prejudices (even if it would obviously be not allowed because of outward pressures)?

I think they should of kept the body to display to the media. People will end up making conspiracies that he is still alive.

I see he was buried at sea. That's a conspiracy theory waiting to happen.

Bad, bad move in my opinion.

Have we learnt nothing from the Megatron debacle?

According to different US websites the Pentagon will be releasing pictures and footage of the body within a few hours for people to see. Hopefully it will be enough to stop the conspiracy theories.

Wrong. Islam is Islam is Islam.

There are a number of “schools of jurisprudence”, but only ONE Islam.

What's that quote Spook? "cavilling on the ninth part of a hair"?

When there are many denominations within a religion it is hardly a unified religion.

There is far less seperating Sunni from Shi'a than there is between Methodist and Anglican. There are NO denominations within Islam, simply jurisprudence.

Yes the US and the west set him up and financed him whilst it suited their purpose and then there was a falling out. What he and his followers and other opponents of the western system did is no worse than what the US, in particular and the west in general, does, and has done for years, daily, at huge cost in human lives for economic interest.

We are still propping up the most apalling regimes of torturers and oppressors to suit our interests. Is it any wonder that freedom fighters take extreme measures. We have to stop being so western and christian centric and stop trying to export our culture, ideas and mores under a thinly disguised veil of economic self interest and we have to learn to live together.

Working together and education will do more to stop this long terms than wars, occupation, and bombs

Fear and knee jerk response wil only make it worse

I wonder, given the apparent antipathy between Gadaffi and Bin Laden/al Quaeda just who we are supporting in Libya

At least we now know why the royal honeymoon faded away to nothing.....

Don't think that had anything to do with it really. As has been said on the news, if the U.S. didn't even tell the Pakistan authoroties what they were doing, they are hardly going to tell the Royal Protection Team.

But, who am I to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

[There is far less seperating Sunni from Shi'a than there is between Methodist and Anglican

...and between the Sunni and Shi'a and the Ahmadiyya?

The core point, which refers back to GD4ELI's comment is that there will be a lot of followers of Islam who will welcome this. There is not a unified voice or unified opinion within Islam. Any religion that has sectarian splits and discrimination is NOT a unified body. However much one may wish to cavill on a technical linguistic point the reality says different. This lack of unity applies to Christianity as much as it applies to Islam.

I am still of the opinion that burial at sea was a practical solution - I understand that Saudi Arabia refused to receive the body and ditto for Afghanistan.

Archived