Elder Scrolls V

K.os Theory

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listening to Todd Howard is addictive, he's so pasionate about his games...

150 unique dungeons, unlimited numbers of dragons, being able to disrupt the econmy of towns, dual weilding spells...oh yes yes yes november cannot come soon enough! :lol:

• 4 months later...

just bumping this as it's released on Friday and I don't think i've been this excited about a release for years! Now what kind of character to play as???

Also really looking forward to it, but my enthusiasm has been dampened a little by the superb Dark Souls, hard to see how Skyrim's going to be a better experience than that, but I live in hope!

Stealth Char for me probably, same as morrowind, fallout and oblivion. Sneek n splat!

Isn't it just WoW except without any other people?

I genuinely tried to get into Fallout 3 but it really was just WoW, except by myself. I didn't see the point.

EDIT - See also, that Oblivion game they did.

Online rpg's are more about the grind, killing the same thing over and over until you can ding and move on. They've also got the party/raid thing going, where you've got to balance your group to beat the dungeon.

Bethesdas rpg's really have nothing in common with this. You don't generally grind, you level by doing stuff, from running to jumping to casting spells, you gain skills by doing them, not just by killing stuff. They also feature a single protagonist, not a party.

In summary, no, it's not just wow without other people.

Archived