General Election 2011 - Douglas West

Declan

Snowflake - like many contributors to these various election threads I'm slagging off candidates in various constituencies, where I think the slagging is merited. I think you'll find that there is no requirement for postings to confine remarks to the constituency where the contributor resides and votes. As such, I'll be continuing my pan-constituency slagging policy despite it seeming to confuse and worry you. As to the apology you appear to be expecting, I'm pleased to learn of your patience. It will need to be inexhaustible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least he tried, is a shame if he could not get 20 signatures...

I'm sure he'll earn more as a Taxi Driver anyway for less hours. :lol:

Having heard him sing, cant see it being the kareoke!!! :unsure:

But still, having spoke to him, he had a few good ideas.

According to http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=54620 he couldn't verify two of his backers. Surely you would have made sure these details were correct? It's only twenty people, if you've any hope of being elected you must know at least twenty people. All seems rather odd to me and it would appear he only has himself to blame.

Yes, he wanted to be elected to a position where he could put scrutiny on Government and study proposed legislation and capital projects in great detail to ensure openess and accountability.

Yet, he couldn't make sure that his fucking nomination paperwork was correctly completed?

What a dick. Stick to driving his family's taxi me thinks.

P.S. I actually had a look at his website after he 'withdrew'. He sounds like an incredibly angry young man. I get a picture of him sitting at home in his Mum's house furiously typing and shouting at his computer screen.

I'm sure he's a lovely fella and all but: that's one of the most basic and crucial bits to get right - if in doubt if someone is on the register, get a few more names as back-up.

Mind you, I do remember that one candidate in South in 2006 didn't have enough signatures. All candidates were at the returning officer's place in lord street when the same couldn't find one of the backers on the register. Red faced panic was quickly averted when another candidate gracefully agreed to provide the missing signature. No such luck in West it seems.

I'm sure he's a lovely fella and all but: that's one of the most basic and crucial bits to get right - if in doubt if someone is on the register, get a few more names as back-up.

Mind you, I do remember that one candidate in South in 2006 didn't have enough signatures. All candidates were at the returning officer's place in lord street when the same couldn't find one of the backers on the register. Red faced panic was quickly averted when another candidate gracefully agreed to provide the missing signature. No such luck in West it seems.

I heard that the Liberal Vannin candidate, Chris Thomas, agreed with the returning officer in allowing an extra half hour to Martin to obtain the replacement names that he needed, which, I think, was of good heart.

The Independent has him saying "the cynical may suggest that the govt were very concerned about me getting in."

"He said a large number of hits to his website were traceable only to IP addresses in Russia... The large number of hits must have come from one organisation ... probably the IOM Government.

"He claimed using a Russian Ip address was the oldest trick in the book for an organisation trying to hide its tracks"

The Independent has him saying "the cynical may suggest that the govt were very concerned about me getting in."

"He said a large number of hits to his website were traceable only to IP addresses in Russia... The large number of hits must have come from one organisation ... probably the IOM Government.

"He claimed using a Russian Ip address was the oldest trick in the book for an organisation trying to hide its tracks"

!

I wish he'd got the signatures now, having him in the Keys sounds like it would have been great fun.

Like I've said previously Martin is very "special".

Please tell me he didn't really say that? Or if he did that he was kidding? Or at least drunk?

Like I've said previously Martin is very "special".

If by 'special' you mean a complete fucking lunatic, I concur.

Seriously, the IoM Government using Russian based IP addresses to stalk him and prevent him from running for the HoK? He'll be convincing himself that Stu Peters is lining up his 'wet ops' boys to take him out next.

Listen, freak boy, you fucked up your application form. Look no further for blame than yourself.

As I said before, I am picturing him sat in his bedroom in his Mums house, late in the night shouting and banging away on his keyboard, but now he has a colander on his head and only wearing one sock.

The other he has drawn a face on and is using as a hand puppet, pretending it's Geoff Corkish shouting at Cancer peeps.

Archived