Anagh Coar Homes To Get New Gold Plated Kitchens

Silentbob

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that has set foot in a kitchen in anagh coar would now it is impossible to spend 10k on them, they are so small, ive been in several, they now consist of a small "L" shape room, that contains under the window at the bottom of the "L" a crappy sink unit, a worktop with cupboard space underneath runs along the wall, about 5 cupboard units long, thats it, thats a bare-bones move-in kitchen.

Some are square, but contain the same square footage of space, and the same fittings.

And your claim is that the refurbishment of the properties is her idea, and that it is blatant electioneering, so over to you, tell us how long she has been in the job, then how long these re-furbishments have been in the pipe-line, then the design stage, when was planning consent/local government approval sought and granted.

Its just part of an on-going program of old property refurb.

Why do you think the department cut the LAs maintainance budgets 3 years ago from 33% of rentals reciepts to 30%, that 10% cut alone will foot the above bill, they do not need as much maintainence after a refurb, so the LAs budgets were cut, local authorities are no more than glorified rental agents.

Maybe reading the corpys budget reports may be more beneficial to you than spouting shite from the other-side of the world, about things that hardly concern you even if you did come back here for another 5 mins living with us.

And this is what she actually said.

A huge Island-wide programme of replacing kitchen units in local authority houses is underway.

It's being arranged through the Department of Social Care and the first Douglas phase will involve homes on the Anagh Coar estate.

That work, involving around 50 homes, will cost about £500,000 and further phases will follow, in the capital and elsewhere on the Island.

Chairman of Douglas Council's Public Health and Housing Committee, Carol Malarkey, says she and her colleagues were initially against such large sums being spent in the current economic climate, but understands why the department wants the work to be done:

It's understood anybody whose local authority home is more than 15 years old will be eligible to apply to be included in the programme.

Geddit now "The Department"

I can read, thank you. I also know how local politics and Bandwagon Bill work. Where I currently am is irrelevant - I'm still a South Douglas voter and as such it concerns me.

Crikey, you're so angry on here most of the time - chill out dude, grab a beer and sit on the beach or something.

And your claim is that the refurbishment of the properties is her idea, and that it is blatant electioneering, so over to you, tell us how long she has been in the job, then how long these re-furbishments have been in the pipe-line, then the design stage, when was planning consent/local government approval sought and granted.

Its just part of an on-going program of old property refurb.

Why do you think the department cut the LAs maintainance budgets 3 years ago from 33% of rentals reciepts to 30%, that 10% cut alone will foot the above bill, they do not need as much maintainence after a refurb, so the LAs budgets were cut, local authorities are no more than glorified rental agents.

Maybe reading the corpys budget reports may be more beneficial to you than spouting shite from the other-side of the world, about things that hardly concern you even if you did come back here for another 5 mins living with us.

And this is what she actually said.

A huge Island-wide programme of replacing kitchen units in local authority houses is underway.

It's being arranged through the Department of Social Care and the first Douglas phase will involve homes on the Anagh Coar estate.

That work, involving around 50 homes, will cost about £500,000 and further phases will follow, in the capital and elsewhere on the Island.

Chairman of Douglas Council's Public Health and Housing Committee, Carol Malarkey, says she and her colleagues were initially against such large sums being spent in the current economic climate, but understands why the department wants the work to be done:

It's understood anybody whose local authority home is more than 15 years old will be eligible to apply to be included in the programme.

Geddit now "The Department"

I can read, thank you. I also know how local politics and Bandwagon Bill work. Where I currently am is irrelevant - I'm still a South Douglas voter and as such it concerns me.

Crikey, you're so angry on here most of the time - chill out dude, grab a beer and sit on the beach or something.

Aye right, i must be angry to comment on the bollox that some 5 minute wonder of our society spouts about electioneering yada yada yada.

Or spouting your middle class shite about social housing being a drain on your precious taxes, it was my grand-parents taxes and rents, and my parents taxes an rents that helped fund the scheme to what it is today, not you "NEW" manx my friend.

Anyone that has set foot in a kitchen in anagh coar would now it is impossible to spend 10k on them, they are so small, ive been in several, they now consist of a small "L" shape room, that contains under the window at the bottom of the "L" a crappy sink unit, a worktop with cupboard space underneath runs along the wall, about 5 cupboard units long, thats it, thats a bare-bones move-in kitchen.

Some are square, but contain the same square footage of space, and the same fittings.

£10,000 per kitchen? Mr A and I will happily give them a quote for new kitchen. We've just done our kitchen complete with new cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, hood, lights, power points, flooring, wall tiles, 2 sets of patio doors, dining table, six chairs, 2 radiators & covers, and we didn't even get close to half of that!

People who don't know how to shop/source, shouldn't be put in charge of purchasing.

You could take a nice holiday and perhaps write up your 9/11 theories. They were hilarious.

Thanks for giving me another opportunity to air again my views that 2 saudi royal princes were both playmaker and paymasters for the events of 911, and that the C.I.A. were involved upto their their necks in it, namely as in my thread, the director himself GEORGE TENNET.

After the re-lease of so many books over the last 3 years, incluing 2 pulitzers, americans are finally waking upto the fact that they have been duped.

Philip Shenon is an investigative reporter based in Washington, D.C. Almost all of his career was spent at The New York Times, where he was a reporter from 1981 until 2008. He is the bestselling author of The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation. He has reported from several war zones and was one of two reporters from the Times embedded with American ground troops during the invasion of Iraq in the 1991 Gulf War.

With the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks only a month away, former CIA Director George Tenet and two former top aides are fighting back hard against allegations that they engaged in a massive cover-up in 2000 and 2001 to hide intelligence from the White House and the FBI that might have prevented the attacks.

The source of the explosive, unproved allegations is a man who once considered Tenet a close friend: former White House counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke, who makes the charges against Tenet and the CIA.

Clarke offers an incendiary theory that, if true, would rewrite the history of the 9/11 attacks, suggesting that the CIA intentionally withheld information from the White House and FBI in 2000 and 2001 that two Saudi-born terrorists were on U.S. soil—terrorists who went on to become suicide hijackers on 9/11.

Senior CIA officers continued to withhold the information from the White House for fear they would be accused of “malfeasance and misfeasance,” Clarke suggests.

Clarke says it is fair to conclude “there was a high-level decision in the CIA ordering people not to share information.” Asked who would have made the order, Clarke replies, “I would think it would have been made by the director,” referring to Tenet.

Clarke said that if his theory is correct, Tenet and others would never admit to the truth today “even if you waterboarded them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08/11/september-11th-anniversary-richard-clarke-s-explosive-cia-cover-up-charge.html

Thanks again.

Aye right, i must be angry to comment on the bollox that some 5 minute wonder of our society spouts about electioneering yada yada yada.

Or spouting your middle class shite about social housing being a drain on your precious taxes, it was my grand-parents taxes and rents, and my parents taxes an rents that helped fund the scheme to what it is today, not you "NEW" manx my friend.

I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed a certain level of aggression in your posts - are you still angry because we told you to stop pushing your website here? Or because people didn't bow down before your supreme 9/11 truths?

At least as five minute wonder I tried to do more than just sit at home and type angrily on my laptop and as a result dare to comment on my perception of the situation - apologies if I shouldn't do so as a voter and candidate in the constituency last time round.

I'm also not your friend and if being manx means being like you then I'm not sure I'd ever want to be.

I of course also profoundly apologise for not having paid taxes on the island since 1889 and for actually giving a shit about the place. I didn't run to be a career politician or to enrich myself - I don't give a shit about money. Not because I'm well off or "middle class" but because there are more important things in life. I ran because I actually liked the place and wanted to get involved in keeping it doing well.

Its the people you made unfounded allegations about that you should be apologising to.

what was it again, blatant electioneering, and when faced with having to back it up, you go of into a handwaving rant about my attitude, so i will ask you again to substantiate your claim.

tell us how long she has been in the job, then how long these re-furbishments have been in the pipe-line, then the design stage, when was planning consent/local government approval sought and granted.

and now her electioneering.

And as for you standing for election, well you got shown the door didnt you.

From the MR Website

"That work, involving around 50 homes, will cost about £500,000 and further phases will follow, in the capital and elsewhere on the Island."

£10K average per kitchen???? What are they installing? Thermo-nuclear reactors in place of ovens?

You only had to hear Cretney bleating on the radio today. He's like the Pied Piper of chavs reeling the detritus of Douglas in before the election with hopes of new kitchens and refurbished housing. It's so transparent and see through that it almost made me vomit. It's only council house knobbers that have kept him in a job for the last 20 years and now there he is a few months before an election waving more of our money in their faces in order to get back in.

International financial sector my arse just give the chavs what they want and it's another 5 years of the Gravy Train, new houses and kitchens and £40k bus jobs for all in the Peoples Republic of Anagh Coar and Pully.

pond life almost never vote, your views on social housing tenants as a whole [pond life] is what should be making you vomit.

Only decent hardworking types that have voted cretney have voted him back in, no matter what type of housing they lived in.

And prove your rant about waving "our money" in "their" faces, prove to us how one penny of "our money" will be spent on it.

Cretney is responsible for our "decent, hardworking" forty grand a year bus drivers.

pauld is, frankly, a moron (apologies to any morons offended by the comparison). The fact is that taxpayers subsidise people in social housing, Cretney has a large constituent base in social housing, and is quite prepared to spend taxpayers' money on keeping himself in office.

Oh, and a good proportion of those social housing residents are freeloaders, who no longer should be in social housing, but are so selfish that they would never free the resource up for those in greater need.

Their time is coming, the only sad thing being that their time is coming for all of us

pond life almost never vote, your views on social housing tenants as a whole [pond life] is what should be making you vomit.

Only decent hardworking types that have voted cretney have voted him back in, no matter what type of housing they lived in.

And prove your rant about waving "our money" in "their" faces, prove to us how one penny of "our money" will be spent on it.

Thanks shouty loony man. You go back to your nice warm Corpy house and shout wibble whilst sticking two pencils up your nose and putting your underpants on your head. There's a plot to bomb Pully and Mosad and the Bush Administration are behind it, they have forced Tony Brown to bankroll a secret cell of Saudis to pull it all off with money stolen from the Creamery. I have proof, this is the truth!

As Tugger says most of those in social housing in Douglas are freeloaders earning very good money and paying sod all in comparison with what they can afford to. This is just another freeloaders charter paid for by those who are paying for everything else on this Island.

I see cant answer a few simple questions, you quote your authority figure as tugger, ffs.

Whose posts are always without fail bereft of anything factual.

just the same regurgitated uneducated shite it is then.

Did it ever occur to you that the department could actually be something the island can be proud of, along with its social housing scheme/s.

Did it ever occur to you that last 3 years have been the perfect time to carry out the works in progress, with long term loan rates so low and labour more competitive, the whole scheme depends on getting longer and longer lives out of old stock.

Now is the perfect time to invest, and they are, the investment filters right down through our economy aswell.

Archived