Anagh Coar Homes To Get New Gold Plated Kitchens

Silentbob

just the same regurgitated shite it is then.

Pots and kettles come to mind as you are the master of [angry] regurgitated shite on this forum. Wibble!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that somehwere in a council house, an angry shouty man is currently jumping up and down in front of his computer? :lol:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just the same regurgitated shite it is then.

Pots and kettles come to mind as you are the master of [angry] regurgitated shite on this forum. Wibble!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that somehwere in a council house, an angry shouty man is currently jumping up and down in front of his computer? :lol:

Well I hope the DHSS can pass through a hardship payment quickly when he turns up tomorrow with a buggered PC in a bag having stuck his foot through the screen!

I was born and brought up in a freezing cold council house, it wasnt for me, i was mortgaged by the age of 20, in them days it matter not one jot that the wife worked full-time, her wages did not come into the equation, it was in the days when she was viewed as a baby making machine and an expense, and when you or old manxtwat, call everyone that lives in social housing "pond life" your also including my parents grand parents and aunties uncles cousins etc, in pond life, and basically people with them views i have little time for.

And as for your unfounded BS about "our money" being spent etc etc ad nausium, well it wears abit thin.

about a scheme if you take the bother to research as i have, is actually being well run, and something we as a nation should be proud of.

1. It's not being well run at all. I'm not proud of builders with second and third homes living in social accommodation (sorry, let's re-emphasise, subsidised social accommodation)

2. You are an idiot.

3. Applying the laws of genetics and probability, anyone related to you is likely, at best, to be slightly dim.

One simple request, show just one small example of subsidized.

Stamping your feet a blind insistence isnt enough, i have spent a week reading up on manx social housing, budgets etc etc, because "I" wanted to know if it was subsidised, and i now know it is indeed well run, and the minister is indeed kept abreast of problems or plans at their quarterly sit downs with the various LAs representatives. things are planned well in advance, and it is well run, as far as government run any scheme..

Also after this latest round of spending, maintaince budgets are goin to drop by another 10% to 27% of rental incomes, down 6% in 4 years, as less maintainence is needed, and represents a 20% cut in that budget in 4 years..

try here for a taster.

http://www.douglas.gov.im/services.asp?ID=2304

http://www.douglas.gov.im/pagedownloads/348.pdf

Shouty man says that it's not the Corpy, it's Social Care - political members of that department include Bill Malarkey and Bill Henderson.

Whatever the politics, £10k for a kitchen in anything less than a mansion is extortionate (even if it includes a new boiler and ALL appliances)- if not a couple of grand is more than enough.

Show us any paperwork or anything else that says 10k is going to be spent on every kitchen, the floor space is no more than 10ft by 10ft, it isnt possible to spend 10k on them, truth and headline are many poles apart at times, and not one of you knows a single detail other than "THE HEADLINE".

Maybe they're replacing boilers as well? That would account for some of the cost

It would be nice to think that 10k included boilers etc but I am afraid that from experience of similar works just one example of the high specifications of such government funded contracts would be the kitchen floor covering.

Where if you or I might spend 50-60m2 GBP on something like Amtico if we were wanting something really nice and hard-wearing, govt kitchen spec will be for a commercial grade vinyl that must be non-slip.

This stuff costs as much as Amtico if not more and to be non-slip it has something like very fine grit on the surface, hence non-slip. The tenant's hate it because it is very hard to keep clean and any dark soled shoes using it will leave "skid marks!" :D

I don't know if these high specs are a good thing or not? I suppose that the way some tenant's treat the houses it makes sense but a lot of money could be saved if they installed a lower specification, how long it would last is another thing.

If tenant's were responsible for maintenance I would say it would last quite well but because they are not it probably works out cheaper to install commercial grade stuff in a domestic environment.

I've told you half a dozen times, but you are unable to understand what a subsidy even is. I'm not going to waste further time trying to teach the unteachable, I will simply ridicule you for your self-evident stupidity instead

What you mean is i have asked you to back up your claims many times, and you just keep on reponding with the same uneducated rhetoric, as if the odd example of a well paid builder living in social housing somehow magically confers that the whole scheme is tax payer subsidised.

One simple request, show just one small example of subsidized.

Stamping your feet a blind insistence isnt enough, i have spent a week reading up on manx social housing, budgets etc etc, because "I" wanted to know if it was subsidised, and i now know it is indeed well run, and the minister is indeed kept abreast of problems or plans at their quarterly sit downs with the various LAs representatives. things are planned well in advance, and it is well run, as far as government run any scheme..

Also after this latest round of spending, maintaince budgets are goin to drop by another 10% to 27% of rental incomes, down 6% in 4 years, as less maintainence is needed, and represents a 20% cut in that budget in 4 years..

try here for a taster.

http://www.douglas.gov.im/services.asp?ID=2304

http://www.douglas.gov.im/pagedownloads/348.pdf

But it will still require the equivalent of approx 25% in central government grants to meet the revenue!

Sweetpea, for you to claim I'm uneducated is just beyond the pale. What I mean is that I have explained the subsidy to you half a dozen times, but because you wish it wasn't a subsidy, you refuse to accept that it is one. I understand the sentiment, but don't mistake it for analysis, or even having a clue: you don't.

Shouty man says that it's not the Corpy, it's Social Care - political members of that department include Bill Malarkey and Bill Henderson.

Whatever the politics, £10k for a kitchen in anything less than a mansion is extortionate (even if it includes a new boiler and ALL appliances)- if not a couple of grand is more than enough.

Its investment into stock, at a time when it is most appropriate and economically prudent, something many of the next generation will be thankfull for, what more is there to be said, they will get another 40 years rent out of those houses yet.

Its investment into stock, at a time when it is most appropriate and economically prudent, something many of the next generation will be thankfull for, what more is there to be said, they will get another 40 years rent out of those houses yet.

But still require 25% from central government in grants to balance the books! It's there in writing. You put them there.

Edit: and has done since 2009 (since that's as far back as the report goes)

Archived