Diablo 3 Open Beta For Everyone This Weekend!

K.os Theory

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your not missing anything, game looks good looking forward to the release but why they limited the Beta to just an hour of so of play is beyond me. Compared with the Beta of WoW Mists of Pandoria which is the all of the final release, thats looking great but holding of playing too much Beta

I downloaded it installed it tried to log in and got told the servers were busy try latter.

I remember a time when single player games had Demos and didn't need you to be logged in before you could play them

But it's not a demo, and betas aren't for the benefit of the public. It's a way for Blizzard to test stuff, including the login server.

In effect it is a demo because all you can play is about 12 quests and it ends at the skeleton king, I find it very weird Blizzard have done this. I'm on the beta test list for a lot of Blizzard Games. So has just been a demo for closed beta for months the rest of the game hasnt been beta tested, except in house I would imagine, so just a very very strange beta test/demo

But it's not a demo, and betas aren't for the benefit of the public. It's a way for Blizzard to test stuff, including the login server.

But its a single player game so why does it need login servers?

Why do you need to be logged into anything at all?

Why do you even need to be online?

I'm pretty sure when Ubisoft tried this kind of crap for a single player game they got so much shit from the gaming press, but Blizzard do it and everything is rosy?

I know twhat a Beta is for read my posts, I have beta tested for loads of games, its's to find bugs in the code of the full game, before general release. Blizzard are not treating it like that they have restricted beta testers to just a few levels, exactly the same as a demo

Because Diablo 3 is a multiplayer game which can be played singleplayer.

I would have said it was the opposite but hey ho.

Seems the game director might as well seen as he stated that the development was single player focused.

Whatever way it is, but what ever way why do you need to log in to their severs and be online at all if you only want to play solo?

As for the purpose of a beta I've been in more than enough over the years to have a rough idea what they are for.

I know twhat a Beta is for read my posts, I have beta tested for loads of games, its's to find bugs in the code of the full game, before general release. Blizzard are not treating it like that they have restricted beta testers to just a few levels, exactly the same as a demo

Again the content does not make it a demo. Betas are often limited-content depending on what they want tested, and also they won't want to give away too much story since that's one of the main aspects of Diablo games.

• 3 weeks later...

It's ripping at my tits, the original download was broken so I had to do it again and then it crashed after about 3 hours, now I'm an hour into it again but I'm not holding out much hope. I was soo looking forward to seeing my Swedish friends again :( stupid game.

Archived