Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Oh look, it's you again, just popping in to spread a little bit more love and joy I see...

Just telling it like it is.

Sorry if it it's not what people might like to hear, but it's how I, and a lot of other people, feel.

Name these "lot of other people"

We have a multi million cruise terminal. It was built less than 10 years ago. It consists of a ramp and a cattle shed. It doubles up as a search area and has another use which is slightly less glamorous.

You can easily see it from the Port side of the BMC, or starboard side of the Crapannan when alongside.

Cruise tenders used to drop passengers at the stone steps, now considered unsuitable for fat, elderly Americans.

You lot have very short memories.

In another couple of decades it would have paid for itself.

Guernsey gets in the region of 200 cruise visits a year, our illustrious leaders get a trouser bulge if we get double figures.

Edited by x-in-man
  • Like 1

If I was running it on a horrible winter's day with only about 50 passengers booked and the freight loadings were such that I could spread 'em over the next few sailings and save a small fortune in fuel I would cancel the sailing too. No brainer. Based on the forecast likely conditions, I would also cancel the ones that go to Heysham and come back because they can't get in through the fog. Been on the receiving end of that, and it isn't fun.

I think the point is they have cancelled sailings in far better conditions than yesterday's, thus proving it's a financial rather than health and safety decision

I beg to differ.

It's not how bad the weather looks or how rough the sea looks to us from here, but whether the Ben can get in AND out of Heysham on time, that matters

I'm not sure why some are saying the weather was that bad yesterday.

• Like 2