Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to book tickets yesterday via website twice and got an error each time, after wasting twenty minutes keying all the reservation information in and passenger names etc I rang up the reservations line and reported an error and expected to be able to at least be able to book with them.

I did not expect to have a very unpleasant lady tell me I did not have an error and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the website and that it was my fault for using the wrong browser (Chrome as used by around 60% of the web) I persisted and sent them an email with a screenshot of the error (a server error not javascript) and she advised that her supervisor would call me to book the tickets at web rates otherwise she was going to charge me £30 more. Over a day later and no call back.

Have managed to book now via an old windows machine after two further attempts, no way I am going to try and book with them ever again, only did not fly as I realised one of my kids passports was out of date and was not time to get a replacement not going to make that mistake twice.

Edited by j2bad
  • Like 1

One of the reasons I disable all Chrome software on my PC.

I booked today, for tomorrow, no problem.

I would have Chrome over the steam packet any day, if they do not support the worlds most popular browser then they should at least tell people up front with a notice on the website and not have a shitty attitude on the phone when a customer presents what appears to be a known issue.

Edited by j2bad
  • Like 2

I use Chrome and have booked loads of sailings with the Steam Packet - seven or eight this year alone - with no problems. The only site I've had problems with recently was Easyjet which took three attempts to complete the booking as it kept insisting on using Internet Explorer (now disabled!).

I use Chrome and have booked loads of sailings with the Steam Packet - seven or eight this year alone - with no problems. The only site I've had problems with recently was Easyjet which took three attempts to complete the booking as it kept insisting on using Internet Explorer (now disabled!).

Well I have never had any issue with EasyJet, even booked flights by their mobile website and that is my preference, it might be that you as a regular steam packet user check out as a logged in user where as my booking was as a guest user.

a tale of woe :-(

Due to the damage caused to Manannan by the ingestion of debris, we have had rescheduled some sailings this weekend to allow for additional time for our engineers to complete repairs.

Therefore the following sailings have been disrupted.

Friday 3rd April

Liverpool to Douglas Manannan 11:15 – Delayed, currently on the berth in Liverpool and will be departing at 1730.

Douglas to Belfast Manannan 15:00 - This sailing will now be taken by the Ben-my-Chree and will depart at 19:30hrs

Belfast to Douglas Manannan 18:45 – This sailing will now be taken by the Ben-my-Chree and will depart at 01:00hrs on Saturday 4th April

Douglas to Heysham BMC 19:45 – This sailing has been Cancelled. Passengers will be transferred to the next alternative sailing.

Saturday 4th April

Heysham to Douglas BMC 02:15 – This sailing has been Cancelled. Passengers will be transferred to the next alternative sailing.

Douglas to Liverpool Manannan 07:30 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Heysham BMC 08:45 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Liverpool to Douglas Manannan 11:15 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Liverpool Manannan 15:00 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Liverpool to Douglas Manannan 19:15 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Belfast BMC 19:30 – This sailing is Cancelled and passengers will be transferred to the next alternative sailing.

Sunday 5th April

Belfast to Douglas BMC 01:00 – This sailing is Cancelled and passengers will be transferred to the next alternative sailing.

Douglas to Dublin Manannan 07:00 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Heysham BMC 08:45 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Dublin to Douglas Manannan 10:45 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Heysham to Douglas BMC 14:15 - This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Liverpool Manannan 15:00 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Liverpool to Douglas Manannan 19:15 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.

Douglas to Heysham BMC 19:45 – This sailing should depart as scheduled.