Mountain Watch

Mission

Quite shocked this evening to see that they have ripped up the new tarmac they had only just laid at the dip before you go up to Brandish, whatever it is called. We put up with about a week of road closures when they laid it and yet again you are forced to use the Creg Back Road to get into Douglas from Ramsey along which there was an accident this morning that had the Ford ST plain clothes police car on the scene. What are they playing at? This AFAIK was a DOI job and although it had a few ripples you could feel when driving over it - ripping it up so soon after it has been laid needs to be looked into - DoI looking into holes...:-) anyway I digress, it stinks and it will have cost thousands tarmac when I got a recent quote for my drive is about 50 quid a square yard. They have ripped up the entire North bound road that they laid only a few weeks ago.

I cant remember which thread had the bit about a Wicker Man in Peel and how it would be appropriate there but going over the mountain today I see they have erected a "Wicker Ram", a massive sculpture which really looks quite evil ........ Very Pagan and black magic type looking, I wonder how long it will be up for? Is it for the TT? Have a look on the North facing web cam it may show on there, it put the spooks up me looking at it, I kid ye not.....