Mountain Watch

Mission

• 4 weeks later...

Would it not be more efficient to email the Department of Infrastrcture and ask on how many occasions in the past 12 months the Mountain road from Ramsey to Douglas, or any part of it, has been closed for more than 30 minutes, including all planned and emergency closures? I doubt it is a state secret and we may then have some information to talk about.

On the other hand, the more it is closed the less people are using it, therefore the lower the wear and the lower the need for costly repairs. On that basis, lets close all roads for one day of every week, and they'd all last 52 days a year longer before needing repairs.

Or not.

It would be interesting to know how much the government were paid for this, especially given that there must have costs associated with the closure - never mind the inconvenience for those who would have been using the road normally.

Why do I have the feeling we will never find out - while being reassured that the whole thing has gained the Island £x zillion pounds worth of 'free publicity'.

• Like 1

I was stopped on the Mountain Road on Saturday, the friendly policeman told the first 5 cars in the queue, that stretched to about 40 cars by the time we moved again, that it was for "filming" and we were on our way again in about 5 min, not long really but it does drag when you have to be somewhere.

I noticed that there was another police car at the other side of the filming, so was this all part of the same deal and if so how much did it cost in Police time alone?

I was stopped on the Mountain Road on Saturday, the friendly policeman told the first 5 cars in the queue, that stretched to about 40 cars by the time we moved again, that it was for "filming" and we were on our way again in about 5 min, not long really but it does drag when you have to be somewhere.

I noticed that there was another police car at the other side of the filming, so was this all part of the same deal and if so how much did it cost in Police time alone?

Don't worry not a penny of the tax payers cash was used for the police on patrol

The policemen would have been paid anyway - better them doing something for the money instead of sitting around outside a cafe doing sweet FA