Boil All Water....

jim

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure whether it's correct or not, but had heard that the contamination was from sheep dung. I would imagine that the schools will be provided with bottles of water. Think I'll skip my evening cup of tea - not sure if I fancy boiled sheep poo.

I ain't no water quality engineer but I'd hazard a guess that it would take an incredible amount of sheep poo to pollute Sulby Reservoir to a point that would cause problems. Just boil your kettle, make your tea and don't worry about it.

Do you not own a kettle?

Course I do but I prefer not to ruin the contents of my fridge by chucking a jug full of boiling water in there as well.

Boil it and let it stand till its cool enough to use. Seriously, do you need instructions on how to use toilet roll as well?

If they close schools tomorrow because it rained, and some natural sediment has made it into the inflow at the water works, it'll be the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

I can't believe it would even be considered, but there seem to be plenty of people thinking they should.

I have seen Bear Grylls drink his own pi "water of mann" How bad can this really be?

Piss is alright, it's shit you have to worry about - viral gastroenteritis, hepatitis A and in the olden days, polio

Boil it and let it stand till its cool enough to use. Seriously, do you need instructions on how to use toilet roll as well?

Or just pay a quid for a big bottle of cold water that I can drink now.

Nice to see te regulars on this forum are the massive wankers that peope say they are.

Or just pay a quid for a big bottle of cold water that I can drink now.

Nice to see te regulars on this forum are the massive wankers that peope say they are.

Thanks, a massive wanker is much better than being a small wanker! You stay classy San Diego.

Are you desperate for a drink of water immediately or can you not wait for some boiled water to cool down?

I have seen Bear Grylls drink his own pi "water of mann" How bad can this really be?

Piss is alright, it's shit you have to worry about - viral gastroenteritis, hepatitis A and in the olden days, polio

Right people, a doctor has spoken, if he says piss is OK to drink, what is the problem? Forget boiling your tap water just produce your own refreshment and the water quality problem goes away. Next!

would it not be fairly easy for the govt to let the majority of people know by getting

manx telecom and sure to text all mobile users? would cover a large amount of people

Absolutely fantastic idea, simple and straightforward.

Lets see if this initiative will be pursued by our Government leaders.

Well done

(probably will be fought by MT who are going through hard times at present though!)

LT

Right people, a doctor has spoken, if he says piss is OK to drink, what is the problem? Forget boiling your tap water just produce your own refreshment and the water quality problem goes away. Next!

...er, in the context of a bit of contamination of the water supply.

If you fancy making tea out of your own 'water' BR then go ahead - you'll probably last long enough until the water bods give us the all clear to use the stuff out of the tap, but in a few days your supply will dry up and you'll succumb to dehydration/hypernatraemia/renal failure.

Not sure the police putting a very vague message on Facebook using the word "contamination" and suggesting that you ring the Water Authority for more information (bet the Water Authority are thrilled by that!). Then they've posted saying it's not contaminated.

Great way to cause panic amongst people.

The text idea is brilliant and should be put in place with both operators for other important announcements.

...er, in the context of a bit of contamination of the water supply.

If you fancy making tea out of your own 'water' BR then go ahead - you'll probably last long enough until the water bods give us the all clear to use the stuff out of the tap, but in a few days your supply will dry up and you'll succumb to dehydration/hypernatraemia/renal failure.

Dehydration/hypernatraemia/renal failure sounds like a walk in the park compared to what people think this contaminated tap water will do at the moment.

I will see how many are dead by the morning and then make my decision. wink.png

Not sure the police putting a very vague message on Facebook using the word "contamination" and suggesting that you ring the Water Authority for more information (bet the Water Authority are thrilled by that!). Then they've posted saying it's not contaminated.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head, Total "Joined up Govenment" NOT

Archived