Andy Murray!

Pierrot Lunaire

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Andy, now is it too much to ask that you put us out of our misery and win Wimbledon next year please?

I'd really rather like to witness a British player winning it at least once in my lifetime.

It would have been nice to watch the US Open on the telly for sure (what's with the final being on a Monday in the first place?). They showed the French Open, didn't they?

Was a fantastic match to watch. So many great rallies. Was to'ing and fro'ing all the way. Andy closed it out in the end in just under 5 hours.

I am so glad he has now won a grand slam event, it gets that monkey off his back. More success to come I feel next season for him.

Fred Perry won more granted but it's prety hard to compare.

I reckon I could have won Wimbledon.

Brilliant video - I had to watch it again to make sure it wasn't a Harry Enfield sketch.

I have to agree that the game then was nothing in comparison to today's - impossible to say who is best as you can only compare people from the same era, but if it was possible to transport Fred Perry forward to today and put him against Andy Murray, I doubt he'd return a serve, let alone win a game.

Fred Perry won more granted but it's prety hard to compare.

I reckon I could have won Wimbledon.

Brilliant video - I had to watch it again to make sure it wasn't a Harry Enfield sketch.

I have to agree that the game then was nothing in comparison to today's - impossible to say who is best as you can only compare people from the same era, but if it was possible to transport Fred Perry forward to today and put him against Andy Murray, I doubt he'd return a serve, let alone win a game.

Bjorn Borg is one of my all time favourites. When he played Roscoe Tanner in the Wimbledon final, people marvelled at Tanner's serve speed which was up to 100 MPH. Nowadays Serena William can serve over 120 MPH.

Archived