Gatwick Route By Easyjet

Manx1Bloke

I have just finished a claim with Flybe for four passengers delayed in Jersey due to fog. Hotel, taxi, difference in alternative flight costs, food and drink all accepted and refunded.

Really cannot fault them. I was gearing up for a battle but they were great.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to sue in English small claims using moneyclaims on line.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... Good luck with that.

EasyJet are not responsible for onward connections. They don't even check your luggage through. Each leg is a separate leg booked separately and even the website does not allow you to 'connect' bookings. You booked Barcelona - Gatwick. Then separately Gatwick - IOM. You missed your Gatwick - IOM flight. Read their terms of service.

You're entitled to ........ Absolutely fuck all.

EasyJet are not responsible for onward connections. They don't even check your luggage through. Each leg is a separate leg booked separately and even the website does not allow you to 'connect' bookings. You booked Barcelona - Gatwick. Then separately Gatwick - IOM. You missed your Gatwick - IOM flight. Read their terms of service.

Boredom, you are wrong. I ca sue for the eu 261 for all 4 of us. It's assigned to me. Then you are wrong about bookings. On the full web site you book a sector and are offered the opportunity to add flights to the booking using the same booking reference. So it's booked as one booking with one payment. That makes the T&C's unfair under eu directive. Stops it being point to point.

If I sue

Do you think they will defend

If they do put a defence in do you think they will turn up, send lawyer es and witnesses to any hearing

Do you think they'll risk having a court order that their T&C's are unfair

Or do you think they'll eventually pay me?

Which magic and fictitious EasyJet site did you use which nobody else gets to use? It's site is very clear on the exact point I made above - they are a point to point carrier.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/connect-and-transit

You're full of shit and I would expect you to get exactly fuck all after wasting a lot of time as your claim has no basis for success based on EasyJets own terms and conditions.

I suggest you're probably some government worker who thinks you are important and that if you threaten to sue them they will get upset and pay out as you're that important - but actually clearly you just can't read and you will get NOTHING.

You definitely can book all of your flights on one booking, you just click "add another flight" after selecting one. You always have been able to. You are right about not being able to check your luggage through but they will take care of you once you've begun your journey.

Which magic and fictitious EasyJet site did you use which nobody else gets to use? It's site is very clear on the exact point I made above - they are a point to point carrier.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/connect-and-transit

You're full of shit and I would expect you to get exactly fuck all after wasting a lot of time as your claim has no basis for success based on EasyJets own terms and conditions.

I suggest you're probably some government worker who thinks you are important and that if you threaten to sue them they will get upset and pay out as you're that important - but actually clearly you just can't read and you will get NOTHING.

Not and never have been a government employee.

On the web site, but not the app, you are invited to "add more flights". (not book additional flights separately) So you can book the whole journey as one on one booking reference number and only have to pay once.

That contradicts the easyJet T&C.

I took legal advice. The point to point exclusion is probably an unfair contract term if the booking is completed as one booking, one reference and paid for as one.

Onus is on easyJet to prove it is fair, not on me to prove it is unfair as it is a consumer contract.

I've nothing to lose. The EU 261 compensation on the first leg of the flight home has not been paid and its been assigned to me by the other passengers and I am authorised to collect it. That is €1,000. They have no defence to that.

It takes 10 mins to fill out an online claim form. That's my only risk and time commitment.

Which magic and fictitious EasyJet site did you use which nobody else gets to use? It's site is very clear on the exact point I made above - they are a point to point carrier.http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/connect-and-transitYou're full of shit and I would expect you to get exactly fuck all after wasting a lot of time as your claim has no basis for success based on EasyJets own terms and conditions.I suggest you're probably some government worker who thinks you are important and that if you threaten to sue them they will get upset and pay out as you're that important - but actually clearly you just can't read and you will get NOTHING.

Not and never have been a government employee.On the web site, but not the app, you are invited to "add more flights". (not book additional flights separately) So you can book the whole journey as one on one booking reference number and only have to pay once.That contradicts the easyJet T&C.I took legal advice. The point to point exclusion is probably an unfair contract term if the booking is completed as one booking, one reference and paid for as one.Onus is on easyJet to prove it is fair, not on me to prove it is unfair as it is a consumer contract.I've nothing to lose. The EU 261 compensation on the first leg of the flight home has not been paid and its been assigned to me by the other passengers and I am authorised to collect it. That is 1,000. They have no defence to that.It takes 10 mins to fill out an online claim form. That's my only risk and time commitment.

You'll get blown out. Learn to read next time and you won't get disappointed when you get blown out. Its position on point-to-point is very clear in the link I provided which is on their website. You have no basis for a claim. Just because you say you do enough times on an Internet forum doesn't mean that you actually do.

The EU 261 compensation on the first leg of the flight home has not been paid and its been assigned to me by the other passengers and I am authorised to collect it. That is 1,000. They have no defence to that.

According to many sites including, for example, moneysavingexpert - flight-delays

You are only entitled to the compensation if the delay was something within the airline's control

You mentioned previously that the delay was caused by ATC problems (presumably the failure of the ATC system in late May 2015 which caused significant delays right across Europe).

Surely that would be outside of the airline's control?

However if your flight arrived back from Barcelona early and you could have made an earlier flight to the IoM then they would have accommodated you free of charge, if there was room. I've done that a few times at different locations with them and always thought it was a pretty decent offering, compared to Flybe and others who tell you to swivel and wait for the flight you booked.

Pongo. They've accepted the €250 each and that it should be paid to me on behalf of all of us. They just haven't done that. The reason for delay was late arrival incoming aircraft, which means delays creeping on through the day due to ATC delays on various previous legs/sectors that day.

OMF. Think what you want. That term, in these circumstances is excluded by EU directive. I have a good claim for the EU261 compensation on the BCN LGW leg anyway. So I should get that and all my costs back in small claims.

as it happens the €1,000 is worth about the same now as the hotel and replacement flight costs.

The reason for delay was late arrival incoming aircraft

the plane into gatwick was over 4 hours late and we missed our connection back to IoM. This was air traffic issues

I wonder whether poor communications is compounding the issues you are facing. As with the credit card thing previously.

I fly all over Europe via EJ. I think they are a great airline who I would use in preference to most low cost carriers (although Norweigian are also good) but they are very clear on their terms of carriage. Every flight is a flight to an individual destination. No onwards transfers, no transit facilities. They fly you to one place, and then you catch another plane to fly to another place. I can't see them settling the claim above especially if it was as air traffic control issue. It's not their fault.

Archived