Driver-Less Cars On The Island Roads

Fossils

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I've managed double digits on the mountain road before.

Double digits? Like 20mph?

One of my favourite saying re driving is "it's number two that makes the queue" meaning that it's often the person behind the slow driver who wont overtake and leaves no decent gap between them that is the cause of the tailback that develops.

Yes, it is spot on. Slow vehicles making a long(ish) jouney where it is hard to pass should pull over from time to time to allow the queue to pass. Tractor drivers, please note.

long(ish) journeys? On the island? You're having a laugh! And you'll be wanting minimum speed limits next. Forget it, I spill my tea if I go too fast round corners ....

These sightings mainly are made on Sundays ,usually involving Nissan Micras travelling smack bang centre of the road moving at approx 20mph and frequently on the coastal road above laxey.

There has been a lot of work done in that area in the past few years,is it possible that the DOT have cunningly installed a hidden track in the white lines centre of road which acts as a guide for the elderly and negates the need to manually steer the vehicle? .

It may explain the hands gripped tightly to the wheel, rigid posture and eyes staring straight ahead in total oblivion stance of many of these drivers .

Archived