Driver-Less Cars On The Island Roads

Fossils

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just followed a car that never went above 30 from Sulby to Ramsey and then dropped to between 20 and 25 in the 30 limit. They also braked at almost every bend. Of course there was another car between me and them who just wouldn't overtake. A Renault something nipped into the gap in front of me, (fine), and then took a bit of a risk to get past the two of them. I might have just about passed if I had been in the Merc but no chance in the van.

Don't know the answer but I wish there was one.

• 11 months later...

They're out there in force and they still can't see where they're going!

A Christmas present that may save lives.

If someone that you know drives with little or no view over their steering wheel, buy them a booster cushion and insist that they use it.

Post 30.

'Trumpy'. I know this is completely off-topic but.....how often do you see a map or world globe where North is depicted as being at the bottom.

Therefore...Ramsey....up North.

Castletown, Pt's Erin and St Mary....down south.

Lets have an argument....stuart.gif

Post 30.

'Trumpy'. I know this is completely off-topic but.....how often do you see a map or world globe where North is depicted as being at the bottom.

Lets have an argument....stuart.gif

Don't you know the world is flat ....????

Post 30.

Lets have an argument....:weee:

You're not from around here are ya? Trump is correct, us Spaniards would say 'down north' or 'down Ramsey'.

When the Vikings arrived us Manx peasants were forced up into the rough old hills to live a life close to misery with what of our livestock they permitted us to keep

The pointy heads took all the best land which happened to be low lying & in the north, thus is known as 'down north'

Its true. As is the saying 'Up shit creek' which comes from the Vikings in Peel...from when the Vikings discovered Okell's being sold at the Creek Inn back then. Few people know that the reason the Vikings left was due to Okells. Tell the youth of that today and they won't believe you.

Archived