Problems At Hospital

Hungry Harrison

?

Think he means he's a puff.

?

The penny has just dropped !

I thought you were saying I was a p**f.

No I am not inferring that HQ is that way inclined at all, just that not everyone thinks he is Mr Nice Guy.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the cost of treating casualties during TT time come out of our general healthcare budget or are there additional government funds to cover this event ?

Hospital appointments and operations for locals are reduced during this period.

I am not trying to knock the TT. or the revenue it brings to the Island.

I am concerned that the expense of treating visitors and racers could be affecting the budget of the Health Care System,upon which residents depend, and should be taken into account when calculating health care costs.

What about people from the IOM who require medical treatment when in the UK?

There is a given level of cost whether there are any admissions or not. I am sure the hospital goes through periods of being quiet and busy throughout the year.

Any budget problems with the NHS are more to do with the fact that it's an impossible task. As the UK have evidenced.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/health-report-identifies-many-shortcomings-in-services-for-women-and-children-1-8009426

Interesting spin from the Minister. He's lucky that Tynwald no longer seem interested in healthcare. Perhaps the voters of Middle are. Also, according to Manx Radio, this review was conducted last October; 9 months to produce the written report?? Reading Quayle's observations you'd be forgiven for thinking that he'd started this review programme initiative - he didn't; Anderson did. And what on earth has happened to Malcolm Couch. Almost weekly media profile in his Treasury days but since the (quite extraordinary) switch to DHSC, nothing. Which is a pity; I'd rather hear from a man with a brain that the Minister with cow shit on his boots and bullshit from his mouth.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/health-report-identifies-many-shortcomings-in-services-for-women-and-children-1-8009426

Interesting spin from the Minister. He's lucky that Tynwald no longer seem interested in healthcare. Perhaps the voters of Middle are. Also, according to Manx Radio, this review was conducted last October; 9 months to produce the written report?? Reading Quayle's observations you'd be forgiven for thinking that he'd started this review programme initiative - he didn't; Anderson did. And what on earth has happened to Malcolm Couch. Almost weekly media profile in his Treasury days but since the (quite extraordinary) switch to DHSC, nothing. Which is a pity; I'd rather hear from a man with a brain that the Minister with cow shit on his boots and bullshit from his mouth.

Mr Quayle doesn't mention the lack of education for children in hospital etc

According to a leaked document Mr Couch is looking at the finances and cutting down on extra payments, reducing overtime and reviewing non-clinical services such as portering and laundry etc.

They won't charge for car parking though as people will start leaving their cars on the roads nearby.

Mr Quayle doesn't mention the lack of education for children in hospital etc

According to a leaked document Mr Couch is looking at the finances and cutting down on extra payments, reducing overtime and reviewing non-clinical services such as portering and laundry etc.

They won't charge for car parking though as people will start leaving their cars on the roads nearby.

"Cutting down on extra payments" and "reducing overtime" certainly doesn't sound compatible with the criticism in the report concerning staffing levels! Quayle advertised himself as the improved future of healthcare after the so-called dark days of Anderson. The truth is rather different, isn't it? Quayle, who is an oaf, is utterly out of his depth except when it comes to mouthing empty platitudes. Post-election we need a vastly improved performer in the DHSC Ministerial role. Quayle has achieved less than nothing in his 2.5 years at the helm.

Brilliant, bitter mcbitter-face.

You really are rather peculiar. Whatever Holmesian deduction you think you've made...you haven't made it.

I don't think I have too much of an issue with charging for parking.

The parking situation up for visitors/people using hospital services up there is fucking ridiculous (due to the staff who should be parking over the road). I'd perhaps be inclined to charge less for the car park furthest away.

But I think parking should be charged for if for no other reason than the above.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an an appointment today with the haematologist at Ramsey Cottage Hospital and cannot praise them enough. They were warm and friendly, had time to chat and have a bit of banter. I had the pre-appointment checks with same nurse who accompanied me to the consultation and then did the ECG afterwards.

It was a lovely experience because they had time and I was out within the hour having very little waiting time at any stage.

If you are given an appointment at RCH, take it, it really was a positive experience. I am sure Nobles would have been equally good clinically, but they wouldn't have had the time to make me feel so much better. It was almost like going private.

It is a lovely atmosphere at RCH. Small is beautiful there for sure. Caring, friendly and you can share a joke with them as they don't take themselves too seriously. They are also extremely professional but going there you know that you are going to be treated with the utmost warmth and humanity.

Archived