Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

Let's get to the bottom of this

How much has been invested in Pinewood by Isle of Man Government, and how much is that investment now worth?

Two answers to those questions.

1) "Commercially Confidential" and

2) For the sake or your (and everybody else's) blood pressure, "You don't want to know"....

Actually invested in Pinewood?

1) £12,000,000

2) About £23,000,000 if you can find a buyer.

Good question on Gasworks Media in Tynwald tomorrow. How did Steve Christian subcontract his end of the Pinewood deal to his own company Gasworks Media, and did he have the vires from Treasury to do it ? At least I think that's what Kate's asking ermm.gif

That was answered last week. The treasury contract to pinewood and pinewood contract to gasworks. What pinewood and gasworks do is up to them, not the treasury.

Good question on Gasworks Media in Tynwald tomorrow. How did Steve Christian subcontract his end of the Pinewood deal to his own company Gasworks Media, and did he have the vires from Treasury to do it ? At least I think that's what Kate's asking ermm.gif

That was answered last week. The treasury contract to pinewood and pinewood contract to gasworks. What pinewood and gasworks do is up to them, not the treasury.

I think the terms of the treasury contract with Pinewood are at issue here not whether Teare thinks it is ok or not, some contracts allow the provision of the contract by however that may be achieved without recourse to the original terms, others don't !

I think KB just likes the use of the word vires. I would have hoped that the contract between the Govt & Pinewood etc would have required IoM Govt approval of elements of it where to be suncontracted to third parties, asking if that was the case and whether IoM Govt approved might have been a sensible question. In reality I think it is just smoke and mirrors as I think that the invoicing/arrangement between Gasworks and Pinewood is little more than a way to avoid having SC's being earning treated as a salary in the UK and being subject to tax and NI accordingly.

I think that the invoicing/arrangement between Gasworks and Pinewood is little more than a way to avoid having SC's being earning treated as a salary in the UK and being subject to tax and NI accordingly.

Exactly, as I pointed out earlier; he gets a tiny salary compared to the other directors. This contract is effectively his salary.

I think that the invoicing/arrangement between Gasworks and Pinewood is little more than a way to avoid having SC's being earning treated as a salary in the UK and being subject to tax and NI accordingly.

Exactly, as I pointed out earlier; he gets a tiny salary compared to the other directors. This contract is effectively his salary.

So, it's kinda like a Personal Service company that Teare has outlawed over here to prevent unscrupulous people evading NI?

Nothing illegal of course, Gasworks isn't a manx company. Go figure.

• Like 1

As a PAID Pinewood Director, Steve Christian advises that Gasworks (a company that Steve Christian solely owns) be PAID to advise us.

Gasworks then advise us to hire Steve Christian as Producer of "the Cottage"*, another £multi-million flop (surprise, surprise) for which he is PAID.

Is that about right?

• Like 1

As a PAID Pinewood Director, Steve Christian advises that Gasworks (a company that Steve Christian solely owns) be PAID to advise us.

Gasworks then advise us to hire Steve Christian as Producer of "the Cottage"*, another £multi-million flop (surprise, surprise) for which he is PAID.

Is that about right?

That might have been approved by the AG when he was also the Sefton secretary and the govt approved the loan to the Sefton.

So obviously no conflict of interest, well no conflict in SC interests anyway.

Is that about right?

That might have been approved by the AG when he was also the Sefton secretary and the govt approved the loan to the Sefton.

Do you know whether that is true, or the use of the word might is very misleading.

And the moon might be made of green cheese. Making stuff up doesn't really add anything to the thread.

The point is there are clearly conflicts of interest but some people appear to be able to argue that there are not.

I was trying to make the point these people seem to operate with impunity at the very heart of government.

Mr Shoe made the point very well but I was the only person who liked it.

• Like 1