I suggest we need a Venn diagram showing the relationships between-

Isle of Man Film Commission

CinemaNX

The Media Development Fund

Isle of Man Film Ltd

Pinewood Financial Advisers Ltd

Pinewood Shepperton plc

Steve Christian

Maybe Kate Beecroft MHK could ask for it on our behalf.

Wouldnt it just be one circle?

I suggest we need a Venn diagram showing the relationships between-

Isle of Man Film Commission

CinemaNX

The Media Development Fund

Isle of Man Film Ltd

Pinewood Financial Advisers Ltd

Pinewood Shepperton plc

Steve Christian

Maybe Kate Beecroft MHK could ask for it on our behalf.

see Mickey Venn about this,he's also good at plumbing unlike david quirk.

This will rumble on and on until Eddie comes up with a simple set of investment v return figures, then it could be put to bed !

Whilst ever the owners of the money i.e. US are kept in the dark the scepticism will continue. Over to you Eddie ! Oh and don't let the tangerine one have a hissy fit because we dare to ask questions !

How true your observations were ASITIS.

Back 0n the 29th December 2012.

If Mr Teare would for once remove his head from his backside he would be able to see a lot more clearly

I'm sure it was probably part of his first annual review too from when he was a bank teller.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/20112014/2012-GD-0029.pdf

In was mentioned in a previous posting that it might be useful to see some graphs, visual representations of the relationships between the parties involved in the Pinewood / Teasury deal. To assist that the link above will take you to the Published IOM Government document "Stragegy for the Isle of Man Film Industry" which was published in June 2012.

The question as to how many MHK's or Members of the Legislative Council actually read that document is not one I am able to answer, nor how many people on the Isle of Man took the time to read it.

It is however, I think, a very important document because it sets down in some detail what the Treasury wanted to have as the "official" record of its position and intentions regarding the Pinewood proposition.

As Minister Teare stated on Manx Radio, "its all about contract law". Who are we to disagree with that? What I also suggest it is about is facts.

It is properly the business of the Public Accounts Committee to determine what the facts of the matter are, in findings of fact after investigation of any expenditure of public money, and in this case particularly that would be crucial. The chances of that happening seem at this time to be small. The Media Development Fund is a subject that the PAC would much rather not have to deal with.

I wrote before in a previous posting in reply to Buster Lewin a quote taken from Daniel Patrick Moynihan, "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts"

Because it is a fundamental requirement for any Parliamentary Democracy to function well that those who represent us should be careful to know the difference between an opinion and a fact, especially when the difference can have serious consequences for those who are being governed, the promotion of opinions with the purpose of obfuscation of facts is not a definition of open or transparent government.

I am simply pointing out that for example, it is stated in the publication cited at Section 2 page 7, "White PWS are new to fund/investment activity" that company (in a specially incorporated wholly owned subsidiary) was contracted by the Treasury to do what exactly? Moroever, the next part of that paragraph states, "it has been agreed that a number of senior staff from NX will join PWS - in a no cost transfer of the bulk of the NX business from August 2012" . Was that what actually took place? Is that a factual representation of what happened?

You may think it doesn't much matter either way, and you are entitled to your own opinion, we all are. However, this does involve millions of pounds of public money, and significant expenditures it, so what are you happy to have by way of explanations of how that public money has, and is being spent, opinions or facts?

• Like 3

Obviously none of them asked what the management fee would be.

Did they know it would be around £350,000 per year?

And no mention here of Pinewood Financial Advisers Ltd or Gasworks Media.

, 5 years

- Fund £25 million, split production £20

million P&A £5 million

- Management fee – fixed annual fee

- Finance fee per project = 12.5% of MDF

investment, subject to minimum of £150K

and maximum of £500K per film

- Distribution fee on UK films 12.5% of

collected net receipts to exclude tax credit/

subsidies

4.2 The notional splitting of the fund into production

and P&A is an important part of making PWS a viable