Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

Would you like to know what the IOM said to David Benioff and D. B Weiss the two executive producers of Game of Thrones when HBO was considering where to locate the production?

Why not ask your MHK to put the question to Allan Bell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones

Effect on location[edit]

Game of Thrones receives funding from Northern Ireland Screen, a government agency financed by Invest NI and the European Regional Development Fund.[62] As of April 2013, Northern Ireland Screen has awarded the show £9.25 million and according to government estimates, benefited the Northern Ireland economy by £65 million.[63]

Tourism Ireland has a Game of Thrones-themed marketing campaign similar to New Zealand's Tolkien-related advertising,[64] and Invest NI and the Tourist Board[63] also expect the series to generate tourism revenue. According to a government minister, the series has given Northern Ireland the most publicity in its history outside politics andthe Troubles.[65] The production of Game of Thrones and other TV series has also provided a boost to the creative industry in Northern Ireland, contributing to a growth of 12.4% in arts, entertainment and recreation jobs from 2008 to 2013 (as opposed to 4.3% in the whole of the UK).[66]

Tourism organizations in other filming locations also reported notable increases in bookings after their locations appeared in Game of Thrones. Bookings through one web portal in 2012 increased by 13% in Iceland and by 28% in Dubrovnik, Croatia. In 2013, bookings increased by 100% in Ouarzazate, Morocco, where Daenerys's season 3 scenes were filmed.[67]

http://www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk/sections/10/film-and-television-studios.aspx

Would you like to know what the IOM said to David Benioff and D. B Weiss the two executive producers of Game of Thrones when HBO was considering where to locate the production?

No. I'm going to ask you. What did "the IOM" say?

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/pp/Reports/2010-PP-0105.pdf

RESILIENCE AND SUCCESSION PLANNING

4.17 When the previous Public Accounts Committee considered the accounts of Isle of Man Film Limited in 2005 they were advised by the Treasury that there were certain key figures in the industry who would be difficult to replace in the short term - namely Steven Christian and Andrew Fingret. It was noted that action needed to be taken to ensure succession planning in respect of Steven Christian, and the Committee followed up on this action in correspondence with the DTI throughout 2005. This matter was noted at the start of the present investigation (paragraph 1.4(ii) above).

4.18 In the presentation in October 2007 Members of Tynwald were advised that the new CinemaNX Limited arrangements were intended to reduce reliance on Steven Christian and Hilary Dugdale. During the course of our investigation Mr Christian provided us with the following further explanation:

"I am not sure how familiar your Committee is with my present role in NX CinemaNX Limited], Essentially, I am responsible for devising film/media policy and strategy for the long-term benefit of NX, the MDF and the IOM. Mr Fingret (media lawyer) and Mr Samuelson (film producer and executive) have jointly taken over the bulk of my pre-NX role. That being the packaging, negotiating and general closing of deals. This was a requirement of Treasury. That is, that the local film industry would be sustainable without my involvement. A requirement that arose, I understand, from the previous, very exhaustive enquiry of the MD .F made by your Committee. My absence would no longer be an impediment to the continuation of the local industry."

I don't speak for Allan Bell.

I don't speak for Allan Bell.

But do you know the answer to the question?

You know nothing Alan Bell.....

"Would you like to know what the IOM said to David Benioff and D. B Weiss the two executive producers of Game of Thrones when HBO was considering where to locate the production?"

Yes...what was said Newsnight?

Let's have the official reply to the question first?

"But do you know the answer to the question?"

Does Allan Bell know the answer to the question?

Does Allan Bell know whether you know the answer? I don't know, I don't speak for Allan Bell.

Does anyone want to know what the IOM said when George Lucas was looking for somewhere to film Star Wars?

"But do you know the answer to the question?"

Does Allan Bell know the answer to the question?

Does Allan Bell know whether you know the answer? I don't know, I don't speak for Allan Bell.

Does anyone want to know what the IOM said when George Lucas was looking for somewhere to film Star Wars?

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Picture-C3PO-R2D2-read-Echo-Star-Wars-set/story-22337906-detail/story.html

http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/production/star-wars-episode-vii

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2828913/As-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-finishes-filming-Pinewood-Studios-film-bosses-confirm-franchise-s-installment-shoot-there.html

George Lukas wasn't looking for anywhere to film except in Pinewood Studios.

Remind me not to employ you in a business development role...I couldn't afford you.

Is this just general Tatlock glass half emtpy negativity, or is there a specific reason why a 50% increase is not a good thing?

We've seen post after post saying the pinewood price isn't real because it can't be realised. Now it's been realised, and it's made money and you're still bleating. Just goes to show, there's no winning with the terminally miserable.