Hmv In Administration

TurricanII

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be worth a punt over the counter anyway.....its not like the staff have much to care about now anyway!

Trading up to Xmas and accepting cash for vouchers, then folding is a tad underhand!

I've thought about just walking out with some box sets if they didn't accept my voucher, but I'm sure it wouldn't go down too well!

For sale, one Jack Russell, like gramaphones and sitting still.

Offers, contact HMV

w00t.gifw00t.gif

(P.s on a lighter note, sorry to hear about the company going into administration and the staff job losses but can the high street store compete with online retailers.....obviously not!)

May be worth a punt over the counter anyway.....its not like the staff have much to care about now anyway!

Trading up to Xmas and accepting cash for vouchers, then folding is a tad underhand!

I've thought about just walking out with some box sets if they didn't accept my voucher, but I'm sure it wouldn't go down too well!

I'm quite sure that, legally, you would be screwed but.......

They have had the payment for the vouchers haven't they. So if you were to take goods to the value of your voucher, is it actually theft?

You take £25 of goods and they have received, well, £25 from some distant relative a month or so ago.

What would you actually be charged with? John Wright lurking anywhere?

I was roundly slated for posting similar on the Jessops thread. I just can't accept that I could have popped into HMV yesterday and bought some vouchers (obviously I'd have been pretty stupid to do so) which would not be accepted today, even though the £20 note that I used to buy them may still have been sitting in the till.

They have had the payment for the vouchers haven't they. So if you were to take goods to the value of your voucher, is it actually theft?

Yes it's still theft. A voucher isn't cash, it's credit and it comes under the vouchers terms and conditions and the law when it comes to the handling of creditors during administration procedures.

The whole point is to protect all creditors. If one creditor walks in and clears out the stock, the rest are screwed and won't get a penny.

Simplistic, HMV isn't the same company you entered into agreement with when you bought the voucher. They're a new company, and they're not obliged to give you what the old owners promised.

Sadly the consumer will get fucked over of course in favour of the larger creditors. Sucks.

Archived