Hmv In Administration

TurricanII

HMV said the following in reply to questions about not honouring gift vouchers:

"Finance director Ian Kenyonn said the company was confident of its legal position, having checked with lawyers back in December. "We had a reasonable expectation [in the runup to Christmas] of addressing our issues with the banks," he said."

If they needed to ask the question, they shouldn't have been selling the vouchers at all.Legally right but morally bent.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that we get ripped off so much over here. I want an external filter for my small fish tank so checked on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 - £54.90

i then decided to check local to see if i could get one quicker and pay a little more

http://www.tynwaldpe...-Filter-EX-600/

£97.49 which is a "special price"

Rip off IOM. I would love to shop local but with markups like that, they can forget it.

It's very simple - Amazon buy a fuck sight more of them that Tynwald Pets do. If you buy lots, you can get a better deal from the manufacturer so you can sell it for less but still make a profit. Go to a small independent pet shop in the UK and you'll find the price is similar to the one at Tynwald

Amazon don't buy any of them at all. This is a third party seller you are buying from with Amazon just taking an agent's commission for the use of the site as with so much on there. The problem is that the third parties range from manufacturers and bona fide traders to people who, well, are not, so it is difficult to know the provenance of any specific item without doing a bit of research. On the face of it, although I don't know, in this case it may be the manufacturer or importer. One I looked at last week for another thread was someone in a private house. Amazon not too bothered so long as they get the commission.

It's a shame that we get ripped off so much over here. I want an external filter for my small fish tank so checked on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 - £54.90

i then decided to check local to see if i could get one quicker and pay a little more

http://www.tynwaldpe...-Filter-EX-600/

£97.49 which is a "special price"

Rip off IOM. I would love to shop local but with markups like that, they can forget it.

It's very simple - Amazon buy a fuck sight more of them that Tynwald Pets do. If you buy lots, you can get a better deal from the manufacturer so you can sell it for less but still make a profit. Go to a small independent pet shop in the UK and you'll find the price is similar to the one at Tynwald

Amazon don't buy any of them at all. This is a third party seller you are buying from with Amazon just taking an agent's commission for the use of the site as with so much on there. The problem is that the third parties range from manufacturers and bona fide traders to people who, well, are not, so it is difficult to know the provenance of any specific item without doing a bit of research. On the face of it, although I don't know, in this case it may be the manufacturer or importer. One I looked at last week for another thread was someone in a private house. Amazon not too bothered so long as they get the commission.

just had a look - the Product on the Amazon link states - Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk

The numbers of jobs being cut are huge. All this talk of England coming out of recession, sounds like tosh to me.

What talk? Ten years of possible stability is the best forecast I've seen. We're going through a major restructuring, factor in possible climate change (we ain't seen nothing yet) and adjusting to a more elderly population is a challenge in itself.

The numbers of jobs being cut are huge. All this talk of England coming out of recession, sounds like tosh to me.

What talk? Ten years of possible stability is the best forecast I've seen. We're going through a major restructuring, factor in possible climate change (we ain't seen nothing yet) and adjusting to a more elderly population is a challenge in itself.

This talk from Nov 2012, you silly noodle thumbsup.gif

BBC

"The UK economy emerged from recession in the three months from July to September, helped by the Olympic Games."

Guardian

"UK emerges from double-dip recession - George Osborne says 1% growth in third quarter of 2012 shows 'economy is healing."

FT

"Britain’s double-dip recession has ended after the economy grew in the third quarter at a rapid rate that surprised investors and cut the chances the Bank of England would inject more stimulus next month."

UK unemployment / employment figures are absolute tosh also.

They (Cameron's cronies) suggest employment is increasing ...

Yes, I'm sure part-time contract / seasonal roles are, give us the full-time permanent figures - frightening I'd suggest.

Archived