Google Discrimination On The Iom

manxmuppet

ok, here's a typical "arsewipe not knowing where the IOM is" example.

If you take 2 identical contract mobile smartphones, 1 being Manx Telecom, and the other being Sure (IOM), you cannot access the same content on each. The Sure phone, not a problem at all, and content deemed "suitable" by Google for the U.K is available to download instantly from the Google Play Store. Manx Telecom however is NOT recognised by Google as being suitable for the same content and therefore content is limited. Having tried to download a simple game using my MT phone and being unable to, i sent google an e-mail, only to be told that because i was on the IOM, i had to provide a valid UK address with payment info for that address as well (credit card number), for a FREE game that is available without having to provide any info if you have a Sure smartphone. If Manx Telecom cannot access the same content on their smartphones that Sure can, then surely google needs a kick up the arse.

It's often a case of being overlooked by the multi nationals and one of the 'joys' of region locking. For example, Steam had a tax in the New Year on all IOM purchases, which took a couple of weeks to get removed. Origin still thinks I have to pay in Euros.

All you need to do is use a UK VPN, and your problem goes away. It's really easy.