• Like 1

Nor me without vpn work round bolloks

For my family:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Manx Telecom Contract: Working

Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Manx Telecom PAYG: Not working

Google N7 Nexus Wifi: Not working

Logged out play.google.com website: Not working

Are these all on different accounts?

If so what are the "Last sign-in countries" for them and is there any correlation between accounts that don't work and accounts that do?

On my device

Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sure Contract: Not Working : Last sign-in countries : Isle of Man, Guernsey

Never been to Guernsey, I assume its to do with Sure, however it hasn't picked up the fact I was signed in while in Liverpool on a UK SIM over and over Wi-Fi.

Are these all on different accounts?

Yeah, they're different peoples gadgets.

If so what are the "Last sign-in countries" for them and is there any correlation between accounts that don't work and accounts that do?

On my device

Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Sure Contract: Not Working : Last sign-in countries : Isle of Man, Guernsey

Never been to Guernsey, I assume its to do with Sure, however it hasn't picked up the fact I was signed in while in Liverpool on a UK SIM over and over Wi-Fi.

On all it's Isle of man, United Kingdom because they've all got the wimanx VPN on em.

Logged in to the play store from my PC as well, on Sure broadband. Get full app store same as on my phone both on wifi (same network) and Sure 3G. I spoke to Sure the other day when they popped up for an account review and commented it seems to be working and they indicated it should be fixed for them at least.

The only other change I've made was setting up Google wallet and selecting UK as the billing address when I wanted a paid app. Since then it's been fully working, so it could also be an account issue.

Well, it's not fixed for me on Sure. Cleared the cache and still only getting the free apps listed. Only way I can access it all still is clearing the cache, running Hidden Ninja VPN, then launching the Play store.

I'll check the Google wallet thing, see if that helps on my phone or not.

To clarify, I set up Google wallet from my PC, then did the VPN to get into the UK store from the phone and make a purchase. Since then it's been working. I even force stopped the Google Play app and cleared all data to see if it still worked or binned me off to the free store but it's been working consistently.

Edit: Think my phone did an update at some point as well. Worth checking if anything needs updating manually.

Edited by BigDave

• 2 weeks later...