Google Discrimination On The Iom

manxmuppet

i sent google an e-mail

They don't care. You'd be better off asking MT to take it up with Google - after all, if Sure customers don't have a problem then it's more potential revenue lost to Sure.

I'm with Sure and i can't access paid for apps either, never been a problem until yesterday.

I dont have a problem with Sure.

Its another MT issue. Just use a UK VPN and its solved. It really is a non-issue for those with half a brain cell.

It's not a non issue at all. Setting up a vpn is involved for many, and free vpns are unreliable and risky to use. A paid vpn is a better solution, but that's more cost and faff.

It's a lot of dicking around that isn't necessary.

Windows8 phone is the future!

I'd have said get an iphone/ipad myself but since ios6 the app store has been pretty much unusable.

Ermmmmm. Get a Nokia 3210 and a Sega Game Gear instead.

I'd be interested to know in what way it is unusable? I'm stuck on iOS 5 on a first gen iPad so cant test, but was planning on getting an iPhone 5 as a result of Google pissing around and this could sway me to WP8. I've not heard anyone else have issues with the store either.

As for a VPN, I could with ease but why the hell should I? I want my tech to work, not to have to dick around bypassing arbitrary restrictions. The Amazon appstore might not be restricted but the app selection last time I used it was dire in comparison to the proper one, and the store its self was barely functional.