Mcguinness's

fatshaft

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a curious logo. Thought it was one of those Russian dolls at first glance. (The traditional ones, not the ones that want £600 for airfare.) Did we pay for the design of that?

That's a design he had on his helmet for several years

What a curious logo. Thought it was one of those Russian dolls at first glance. (The traditional ones, not the ones that want £600 for airfare.) Did we pay for the design of that?

Jeez, lets all look for something to whine at!

No, it's a design he has used for years.

I see one of the motorcyclists that had a bend in his named in his honour responded that he is humbled by the honour. Now this is not intended as specific gibe at him because lots of people say that in simillar circumstances, but isn't that an odd turn of phrase.

Chambers says -

humble1 /humˈbl (old-fashioned umˈbl)/

adjective

Low

Lowly

Modest

Unpretentious

Having a low opinion of oneself or of one's claims

Abased

transitive verb

To bring down to the ground

To lower

To abase

To mortify

To degrade

Isn't that the exact opposite of what people want you to feel when they give you an award or name something after you? Don't they want you to feel honoured? Or proud?

Well done to him and molly, personally i think john should hang up his boots, he has proved himself enough.

I personally don't know why david jefferies never got an honour like this, i was a massive fan of DJ the guy was awesome, how he threw a bike about was fantastic and so much talent and really down to earth.

An admirable quality that not many people possess. It means that a person may have accomplished a lot, or be a lot but doesn't feel it is necessary to advertise or brag about it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=humble (and similar in other sources)

In other words, it is an honour that he wasn't looking for, but he's amazingly proud of..

The words of a really unselfish person.

Archived